Light-O-Rama Forums

My Converted Incen To Led Deer

testraub

I have spent like close to 60 man hours converting my incandesent deer to LED. Since I couldn't find Cool White LED on white wire I had to go with what I had. So... A trip to Jo-Anns fabric shop and finding a material that can stand the weather, buying a few "doll eyes" and stripping the deer of the Incans, the project began. Getting the LED's inside was kinda fun, not too many problems there. Putting the fabric on... thats another story. It took a LOT of time, and dang near 400 clear wire ties to get the fabric on :-( FINALLY finished the project today, and am fairly pleased with the results ( BTW The "bucks" nose is RED). Made a Video and it is posted here... https://vimeo.com/46048050 Let me know what you think please.

Tom Straub

• Like 1

Tom, the video's gone..

Sorry, the video at this URL has either been deleted or never existed in the first place.

Edited by TJ Hvasta

Steven, that just sounds so wrong in this case.

Tom,

Nice looking deer. I did the same as far as replacing the icans with LED. I also wished I could have gotten it with white wire also. But I got the M6 bulbs and then the wire frame clips. So they look like the common wire frame deer. Do like the mesh and the C6 bulbs look.

Tom,

What size deers are they (36 or 42??)

What type of lights are in the body and legs??

How many lights in each deer??

Thanks,

Dave

Dave, 36" Cool White LEDs 70 count strings. One string in each deer. Plus the C7 on the Buck.

Tom,

You must have been wrapping cloth for days! :D

More like weeks ;)

Tom Straub

Dave, 36" Cool White LEDs 70 count strings. One string in each deer. Plus the C7 on the Buck.

More like weeks ;)

Tom Straub

That shoulder still giving you fits. I couldn't belive weeks at first, then remember your shoulder. So, ya, can see it taking weeks. But sounds like it would be good PT for you.

Dave, Been 6 months since I bought it, but it may have been this one http://www.joann.com...white/prd23660/ . Did ask if it could be used outdoors when I was buying. The saleperson helped me out quite a bit.

Tom Straub

Tom,

Thanks for the fabric info. It appears to reflect the light pretty well.

May be just what I need for an upcoming snowman project