Light-O-Rama Forums

Cmb16D-Qc Controllers Not Running During Show

tonylights

Hello , i have a sequence set up with 2 LOR160xWg3 controllers ( 240 V version ) and 5 CMB16D -qc Controllers ( 12 v) . When I test the Show containing this sequence through " Show on Demand " function the lights attached to the 240v Controllers behave as per the set sequence, but the lights attached to the 12v Controllers do not come on at all even though both are part of the same sequence . I ran the "Verify " diagnostic and it does not show the 12 v channels as having any problems.

I am fairly new to the computer lighting hobby, so maybe I have overlooked an obvious problem , but I would appreciate any advice anyone can offer.

regards, Tony

Check your sequence for the channels that they are assigned properly. When you are in sequence editor and you use the control lights and play do they play?

also make sure on your cmd16d-qc are set correct you for example if your to 240v boxes are unit 1 and 2 your cmd16d need to be 3,4,5,6,7 you change them on the board with the white dials

I agree with above question about "does it work if you play in the seq. editor?". Also what edition of the program do you have? Like is is basic or advanced edition? You are aware that the address is hexidecimal not decimal? Examle if your switches are set to 10, that is 16 and if set to 21, that is 33 decimal. Makes a difference when programming the channels in the seq. ed.

Before you even try it in the sequence editor, try it in the Hardware Utility. If you can't get it working in the HWU, you don't have much of a prayer in the shows or even the sequence editor.

Let us know and we can help you troubleshoot it from there. There are simply too many variables at this point.

• Like 1

Whats your licence level? Your licence level may limit your maximum number of units.

EDIT: Sorry Max-Paul didn't notice you'd already asked this.

Edited by spomalley

Thank you all for your quick response.

as suggested, I have tested all the controllers through the Hardware Utility and they all work as expected, including the 12 v LEDs running through the CMB 16 controllers and all the channels that I have lights connected to work properly. I have the latest version version of LOR S3 and the advanced version.

I seem to have the Unit ID correct as I set them through the Switches on the controllers and when I refresh through the hardware Utility it finds all the controllers.

A little more detail may be helpful :- I ultimately intend to have about 6 @ 240v controllers and about 20 of the 12V CMB 16 controllers - 416 channels. The Sequence I attempting to run has about 320 channels set up with a sample of lights spread across about 100 of the channels and 7Controllers . ( I.E The two 240V controllers have Unit ID 01 and Unit 02 but I only have lights connected to channels 01 , 05 and 13 on Unit 01 and channels 02, 07 15 on Unit 02 at this stage but they work when tested through the ON DEMAND function . Unit ID s 03, 04 05 06 have no lights connected to any of the channels . Units 07 08 09 10 , which are all 12 v CMB 16.controllers have RGB LED lights connected to all available channels - these are the ones that do not work in ON DEMAND mode . the other remaining Unit ID and channels all appear in the sequence but have no lights connected and do not have any lighting effects assigned to them in the Sequence editior.

MAX-Paul - you asked "does it work if you play in the seq. editor?". i will check that and get back to you .

i hope this is not too long winded, but I do really appreciate your help.

Tony

It might've been answered already, but even if the DC cards work in the HU (light the lights) :

1) What unit # shows up when you hit Refresh (Find units) for the DC controllers, and

2) Arrrre the LED channels in the sequence assigned to those DC controller unit #'s ?

Lastly, welcome to the madness that is LOR! It's pretty amazing how many people down unda' arrrre discovering LOR!

Edited by TJ Hvasta