Light-O-Rama Forums

Cut down programming time and stress!!!

Guest guest

First off, let me say I love the LOR program/controller.I spent hours (I should say day's, weeks or months) programming. I tried to get as close as possible to sync the lights and music. Then I replayed it in full at least another 12-15 times. (I called this stage Quality Control.) My biggest complaint was I could only fit about 7 seconds of "time" on my screen, and I couldn't fit the animation on at the same time and still see the channels. ('06 had 16, '07 will have 64!)

So I decided to add a second monitor to double the "timeline". With XP and dual screens I can see twice the amount of "Play Range> visible screen" or set up top/bottom monitors and I can see almost 74 channels at the same time. The 1st screen plays the menu bar and 1-32, the 2nd plays 33-70. Or I can have full screen animation on one and full screen sequence editor on the other. This save's a ton of time switching back and forth, having to minimize the animation and re-play the same "visible screen" again and again.

Hope this helps anybody else with the same complaints!!!

Scott

P.S. --->DAN---< Why isn't the play range mode on the Toolbar??? Having to keep using the drop down menu to swap Full Sequence and Visible Screen is a pain. And is the Pause button just to tease me??? That would be an incredible help to make a "quick fix" on the fly.

Thanks Again

Attached files 120674=7186-mini-IMG_1244.JPG

tfischer wrote:

I've always wanted a "Play From Cursor" mode. Play Visible Screen is what I usually end up using, but sometimes I want to start somewhere and keep going...

-Tim

You read my mind! A play from here to the end would help alot!

--DanieL L

thats a great idea...even though im only getting a 32 channel pack im still going to add to it as time goes by...

another thing id like to see with LOR software has to do with the tapper...i do my sequencing in sections...ie-ill do one part of the 1st 20 seconds then go back and do a different part of the 1st 20 seconds and so on and so forth...but when i get to the end of the song i have to go through the ENTIRE song to get to 20 seconds worth of music...it would be nice to see a time choice in the tapper wizard so you can open it up say "play from-to" and the tapper wizard will only play that section you put in so you dont have to sit through the whole song to get to 20 seconds at the end...just my 2¢ but IMO it would cut down on sequencing time and if you screw up you dont have to go back through the entire song again because of a screw up

johnny christmas wrote:

thats a great idea...even though im only getting a 32 channel pack im still going to add to it as time goes by...

another thing id like to see with LOR software has to do with the tapper...i do my sequencing in sections...ie-ill do one part of the 1st 20 seconds then go back and do a different part of the 1st 20 seconds and so on and so forth...but when i get to the end of the song i have to go through the ENTIRE song to get to 20 seconds worth of music...it would be nice to see a time choice in the tapper wizard so you can open it up say "play from-to" and the tapper wizard will only play that section you put in so you dont have to sit through the whole song to get to 20 seconds at the end...just my 2¢ but IMO it would cut down on sequencing time and if you screw up you dont have to go back through the entire song again because of a screw up

YES. Even better than a time choice, let the tapper wizard start where the current selection is.

I'd also kill for independent timing events per channel. I undersand Spectrum has this but haven't seen it to see if it's as useful as I'd think it would be...

This is starting to turn into a feature-request thread I guess... Probably my fault :)

-Tim

tfischer wrote:

johnny christmas wrote:

YES. Even better than a time choice, let the tapper wizard start where the current selection is.

I'd also kill for independent timing events per channel. I undersand Spectrum has this but haven't seen it to see if it's as useful as I'd think it would be...

This is starting to turn into a feature-request thread I guess... Probably my fault :)

-Tim
lol...i just noticed that dan has a thread for stuff like that so i followed the directions and emailed it to the wish list...but since we started it up....it couol have the option to 'play from-to' AND play from selection just like it has the options for one tap to be 2 events or one...the possibilities are endless lol

My method is pretty close for the tapper. I tap for 1 minute at a time. Then start from the begining and do it all over for diferent channels. Do you know how frustrating it is to get 4 minutes done be working on the last minute and while I'm sitting there, wearing headphones in a semi-vegitative state for the first 4 minutes waiting for my cue and then forget where I was supposed to start and have to do it over again??

I love the fact I'm not the only one. That was mainly the point of this thread was to get idea's on how to cut down the repetitive programming.

P.S. When the idiot at Fry's said the new monitor was exactly like the one I already had, even though the model # is different I should have punched him in the face. (Hence the books under the new monitor to get the height the same.

Shubb771 wrote:

My method is pretty close for the tapper. I tap for 1 minute at a time. Then start from the begining and do it all over for diferent channels. Do you know how frustrating it is to get 4 minutes done be working on the last minute and while I'm sitting there, wearing headphones in a semi-vegitative state for the first 4 minutes waiting for my cue and then forget where I was supposed to start and have to do it over again??

I love the fact I'm not the only one. That was mainly the point of this thread was to get idea's on how to cut down the repetitive programming.
no...you are not alone with that...i cant even count the amount of times ive done that and missed my cue...the 'start tapping time' or 'tap from selection' IMO would be the greatest add to LOR software

tfischer wrote:

I've always wanted a "Play From Cursor" mode
-Tim

Tim,

The way I do that is to select "Play selection" then I click in the location of the cursor and hit CTRL + Shift + END and hit play. For the most part it acts as a "Play from here..." Then if you want to get back to the start of your selection, just hit play again and then stop it quickly and you will be right back at the start. I've done this so much, that it's pretty much automatic for me now. I don't even use the play visible mode any more.

jeff

Tim,

I had mentioned this to Dan in an email... It would be nice to lock channels if you don't want to affect them when changing timings or if you have certain channels finished you can lock them so they can't be changed by accident.

greg

I've been using the demo version (version 1.4 - I think) and what I use the Play Selection instead of Play Visible. I added an empty channel above the channels with lights. Using the either button on the mouse you can select (highlight) the time you want and click on the play button. The only problem is once you click somewhere else in the editor, you need to go back and highlight the part of the sequence you want to play again. You can alway set loop to keep on repeating the selected section.

Roy N.