Light-O-Rama Forums

Problem with computer restarting/freezing up

Guest guest

This is my first year computerized. I am using a Dell labtop less than a year old. I have (2) 16channel controlers and the new program. Problem I am having... durring the show and not at any specific time, my computer completely shuts down and a blue page appears. I have to push the power button to restart my computer. I at first thought it was my computer so I rebooted with the disks that came with my computer. Worked perfect for the next two days. BUT last night, and tonight it shut down again. Please help. As I am not always home to restart my computer and I would like it to work properly.

My guess would be to update any needed drivers from Dell and the Microsoft OS, Wireless NIC if you have one. I haven't seen the Blue screen on 2K or XP except caused from wireless nics or AGP video cards.

Hopefully that helps.

If the computer is xp you could try to re-boot before every show. XP has a remote shutdown tool that can be run at any time. You would also watch out for the little tune that playes durring start-up of course if the sound is going outside you can shut it off. Also quick Q -- Is it a bue screen or a blue scree with words in it? I have a computer that could not run a certain program it kept on freezing up and showing the blue screen only way to un-stuck it was to power it down and re-boot. After re-installing the program on the re-newed computer (I just like you did) it worked but a month latter it started going back to its old ways. I AM NOT SAYING LOR IS A BAD PROGRAM I AM SAYING SOME PRGRAMS MIGHT NOT BE FOR CERTAIN COMPUTERS!

---Daniel L

Thanks for replying... And yes it is a BLUE page with words on it... Never seen it before using the program... And yes the only way to get things going again is to press the power button on my computer and then restarting.

chad48 wrote:

Dan, Yes i am using the adapter.

This is something we see with USB adaptors. If it is a USB adaptor supplied but LOR please let me know also if it was a LOR adaptor please make sure that you installed the drivers that came with it.

We have heard of USB adaptors where the drivers crash and you get your blue screen. You may try disabling shows, pulling the adaptor, putting the adaptor back in and then enabling shows once a day if you can. This may help... but the problem is a bug/issue with the USB adaptor's drivers not LOR.