Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR 1.6.1 and Wave Form

Guest guest

I downloaded LOR 1.6.1 about a month ago, then did nothing with it until today. I started making some new sequences for 07 when I noticed a button called "View Wave Form"

Let me tell you this...THIS IS AN AMESOME FEATURE. I can match all my taps to the exact beat of the music now. I had problems in the past tapping the music out, but this is great now. Can not wait to see what LOR II brings.

circus4u wrote:

I used it right after it became available; it cut my sequencing time in half. I agree, it is a great improvement.

Agreed. I love it. It did make LOR more unstable than usual though. It would hang the playback function of LOR about once an hour or so, but since the save button still worked, I didn't lose any time. All I had to do was restart LOR and it would work fine again.

rockyct, as far as unstability or dragging, I only had trouble on two sequences (they never went into production) and it seemed to be the MP3 music file. Once I converted it to WAV with Audacity, it never lagged or hung again. I know others seem to have no problem with MP3 files, but I've stopped using them. It's too easy to convert them.

I changed a couple to WAV from MP3 last year and didn't have a problem after I had started sequencing. Just to be safe, save the file a new name. That way, you can always go back to the original work if something doesn't work properly.

Thanks Denny and Norm!

I still haven't updated my LOR to 1.6 whatever yet. There was no way I was going to do it during the season because my system was rockin' just the way it was but after seeing some screen shots of the viewable waveform.........whoaaaa!!!! That's awesome! I certainly won't sequence again without that handy!!!

Again, thanks for getting back with answers!

Clyde