Light-O-Rama Forums

Max for each type of lamp.

Guest guest

Ok,heres the deal.I am about to aquire a CTB08 With heatsink and artic silver 5 used as the thermal paste(Best you can buy for PC processors) and want to know if this is too much

Channel 1. 600 mini bulbs,blue icicles
Channel 2. 600 Mini bulbs,White Icicles
Channel 3. 70 Mini blulbs,Garland around door
Channel 4. 105 Light candy cane
Channel 5. same as above
Channel 6. 70 mini Star
Channel 7. 50 C9 white 5 watt.
Channel 8. 120 Light minitree

I would think that the board wouldent have any problems with the individual channels set up like that,but what about pulsing all the channels at the same time.
With all of that on for like more than 2 seconds.I understand that each channel can handle 8 amps with the heatsink properly mounted and that the whole board is good for 15 amps,but I dont know how to calculate all of this stuff so I am asking the gurus for help.

Is it ok to pulse it all ?And ala Carson at the end of a sequense just let all of the C9s burn for about 25-30 seconds continuous and have everything else going crazy?

thanks,
Blaine

Mini's are about .39/.40 Amps per 100 (It will tell you the amperage on the power tag)

Formula = Bulbs X watts (ie: 7 watts) ÷ 110 (Volts) = 16 Amps

C9's (7 watts), C7 (5 watts), Rope 7 Watts per foot

50 (C9) x 7 watts ÷ 110 volts = 3.18 Amps

(600 Minis / 100) * .40 (Amps per 100) = 2.4 Amps

Well then from my calculations,It seems that Im right under 10 amps.So burning all at the same time should not be a problem at all then.

Please someone correct me if Im wrong though.I dont want to smoke this thing the first day.

Also I am not sure f 8ch boards are 15amps? but if they are, and you have a really long power cord that is a high gauge like 16, it takes more power and could bump you up to 15amps and blow a fuse or breaker, thats what happend to me, so spluge on cords!!!

Zac