Light-O-Rama Forums

Feature Request: Comm Listener In Sequence Editor

Tim Fischer

Having to have the LOR control panel running when you want to control DMX (and soon E1.31) lights via the sequence editor is non-intuitive, and seems to be the source of a lot of frustration, and by extension, threads here on the forums.

I would suggest that, if your network setup includes a DMX/E1.31 network, that the sequence editor just intelligently fire up the Listener on your behalf. Or if that's not feasible for technical reasons, at least pop a warning dialog that some of your lights are not going to be properly controlled.

This presumably simple fix would keep a lot of people from tripping up.

-Tim

I second that

Heh. If only you were in a position to make it happen :)

• 1 year later...

Maybe the next release will have this feature.

We can always hope.  It's been a long wait for a lot of features :(

Please make it selectable.  I would generally NOT want the comm listener on my sequencing computer because a second computer pouring out E-1.31 packets would interfere with the show computer pouring out E1.31 packets.

Please make it selectable.  I would generally NOT want the comm listener on my sequencing computer because a second computer pouring out E-1.31 packets would interfere with the show computer pouring out E1.31 packets.

I would only expect it to happen if "control lights" was selected and you had native DMX or E1.31 devices in the network.