Light-O-Rama Forums

Fathers day

Ralph D

So, in my house things a been tight for the last couple years, the thing that suffered the most has been my display but I've never complained and have always been happy with what I've had. The last three or four years I really haven't done much upgrading just a lot of re- doing what I've had, updating sequences and maybe two new controllers..... a couple a real modest upgrades, Don't get me wrong I'm thrilled I've even been able to put up a display. I've always told my wife that this part of my life is what keeps my sanity.... for the most part :). so the wife asked me this evening what I want for Father's Day, I shrugged my shoulders and said I don't know honey, how about a simple barbecue. My youngest daughter Samantha.... My partner in Christmas crime, said... come on daddy you know you want some Christmas lights or how about a new controller, I immediately turned to my wife as she shrugged her shoulders and said it's up to you. so immediately my wheels started turning, if basically she's giving me the nod to spend as much for one controller, can I do something really cool with one CCR, or should I get a whole bunch of LED strobe lights that I've been hoping for or should I just get another controller and have the extra channels. So I thought I'd ask my friends for their opinions. Should I get strobe lights, should I just get another LOR controller, or should I get one CCR. I'm not sure I could do much with one CCR. so I love to hear your opinions,

Thanks,
Ralph

A controller is pretty worthless if you don't have the lights to hook up to it....

Hey ED,how many arches could i do with one ccr? i do have room for 3 minis? hummmmmmm! how would them look next to my led minis on the other side of my yard? or i could get about 27 strobe lights...give or take. i could do my roof, all my bushes. well maybe not all the bushes but a lot.
Hey Jeff, what do you think?

I am a huge fan of strobes, I think it's the best way for a fast upgrade to your show if you don't have them already

Ralph D wrote:

Hey ED,how many arches could i do with one ccr? i do have room for 3 minis? hummmmmmm! how would them look next to my led minis on the other side of my yard? or i could get about 27 strobe lights...give or take. i could do my roof, all my bushes. well maybe not all the bushes but a lot.
Hey Jeff, what do you think?

Ralph,

Here is a video of 2 CCR's that make up 4 arches. One CCR for two arches.

Ed

• The topic was locked