Light-O-Rama Forums

which sequences

Guest guest

Ok,

so the wife gave a half hearted ok for me to get the 16 channel package - yeah, I'm excited. Been reading the board for a month now, and just downloaded the demo software. However, I'm still completely unsure about the difference between an animation sequence and a musical sequence :?

Can someone enlighten me, please

-Phil

Philip wrote:

...I'm still completely unsure about the difference between an animation sequence and a musical sequence

An animation sequence is just the lights sequenced. No music.
A musical sequence allows you to sequence the lights to music.

Musical sequences use an audio track (not necessarily music -- could be spoken text, sound effects, etc) and generally have the lights set to react in correlation to the audio.

Animation sequences are strictly lighting events -- with no corresponding audio. On a very basic level, you could use one to make a waving santa, or a chugging train. On a more advanced level you could have your whole display changing colors, doing chases, etc -- just not to music.

In a given lighting show, only one Musical sequence can be running at one time (for obvious reasons) but you can have multiple animated shows running at once, or at the same time as a musical show.

-Tim

Philip wrote:

so an animation can be used for filler between the music shows - I get it... i think

Could be. Or if you don't want to use music at all. Or if you have parts of your display that need animation, but not coordinated to music.

-Tim

animation sequence is without music or sound. You can make the lights do different things like, fades, shimmer, etc without the music. And of course-musical sequences have sound. this is a harder to do, since the beats of the music need to match the lights. If you are off, you will be able to see it which does not look good. I would guess that 75% or higher do musical sequences. You are off to a great start by doing your research on the product before coming here and asking for help. Do not forget to visit the LOR Wiki site and continue to read up on LOR. Once you have all this done and still need help = just ask. Good Luck.

So I could have an animation sequence (waving santa) running while the musical sequence is playing too, this is better than I thought

Good Greif, there's so much more to this than meets the eye, but it's gonna be so much fun !!

Philip wrote:

So I could have an animation sequence (waving santa) running while the musical sequence is playing too, this is better than I thought

Good Greif, there's so much more to this than meets the eye, but it's gonna be so much fun !!

Correct! (Aside from the fact there are cheaper ways to do a waving santa...)

-Tim