Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Newbie Question

Guest guest

I'm sure these have been asked, but I am going to do it again...lol

I plan on starting with LOR this year. I actually am already doing my first song. Here is my question...I plan on having 32 channels, so if I purchase the Showtime 32 Channel controller, then I should be good? Will I need anything else as far as hardware?

What do you guys recommend for somebody like me just starting out?

Greg

I assume that you are talking about the 32 channel package with the two 16 channel controllers. http://store.lightorama.com/32chpa.html If so, that pretty much has everything you need to get going, but if you are synchronizing music and plan to broadcast it, you will either need to purchase some type of FM transmitter or have someway to play the music in your yard, i.e., amplifier and speakers, boom box, etc. You will also either need your computer to run the show or you can get the Director Card with MP3 player http://store.lightorama.com/dicawimp3pl.html There are a host of other items such as extension cords and more extension cords.

There are several threads in this LOR forum that will probably give you a more complete list, so you may want to check through the topics here to see what everyone else recommends.

I plan on using my PC so I won't need the Director. I also plan on broadcasting the music and plan on getting the Ramsey one. As far as extension cords and so on, I am well aware of that jungle of cords I will need. Plus this year I had around 10,000 lights, but for the most part is was static (besides the digital decorating controller and a chase controller for my mega tree) So I have those lights, plus the nearly 6000 I bought after christmas. I was just wondering if I needed anything more hardware wise, like that Director Card. Thanks so much. Any other kool extras you guys get would be nice to know too.

Greg