Light-O-Rama Controllers for Sale on eBay

Guest guest

Thanks for the heads up.

Is anyone going to be bidding on either of these?

I'd hate to get in a bidding war with a fellow member but I really would like to get my first light controller and step into the world animated lights :happytree:

I was thinking of posting a sixteen channel and an eight channel controller on ebay. They are both really nicely mounted in Hoffman enclosures, what should I ask for them?

You will need to set them to make them a good deal from LOR site. Why buy used ans pay the same price when I could buy new. Shot me an email and I would be willing to help you price them out based on what you have.

Mr. Griswold wrote:

I was thinking of posting a sixteen channel and an eight channel controller on ebay. They are both really nicely mounted in Hoffman enclosures, what should I ask for them?

Don't forget to post the listing here! There are a lot of newbies to LOR (like ME!) who don't have any equipment yet.

Thanks!

Eric

Scott Loftus wrote:

You will need to set them to make them a good deal from LOR site. Why buy used ans pay the same price when I could buy new. Shot me an email and I would be willing to help you price them out based on what you have.

That's what I was thinking.
I was thinking if you could get them for $100 less than retail that it might be a good deal but, I think with something like this I would rather have new anyways but, I'll bid and see what happens...

-Evan

One of the 1602W's are up to $229.93 already with 5 days left on the auction.
This may not end up being that much of a bargain considering a brand new one is $329.95.

Mr. Griswold wrote:

A little off on the description... It is not a LOR1602W but rather a CTB16DWHS mounted in an enclosure by the customer.

Mr. Griswold wrote:

Is it just me or is that Hoffman enclosure wayyyyy to big for that controller. I really like the showtime product that Lightorama has come up with. It's just the right size and isn't too obtrusive.

-Evan

Its a little big, but that should not be a problem as long as it keeps the water off the board. :) I also emailed the seller and advised him what board he has.

Scott Loftus wrote:

Its a little big, but that should not be a problem as long as it keeps the water off the board. :) I also emailed the seller and advised him what board he has.

Sorry about all of the confusion, Thanks Scott for bringing this to my attention. I ended the auction early to avoid any further confusion and will relist.

NWSanta wrote:

Mr. Griswold wrote:

Is it just me or is that Hoffman enclosure wayyyyy to big for that controller. I really like the showtime product that Lightorama has come up with. It's just the right size and isn't too obtrusive.

-Evan

It looks like it's in a 12x12x6 enclosure.

That stainless enclosure costs about $240.

Entropy wrote:

NWSanta wrote:
Mr. Griswold wrote:

-Evan

It looks like it's in a 12x12x6 enclosure.

That stainless enclosure costs about $240.

I got it as used surplus with two holes already in the bottom panel, just enlarged them and drill another hole for the CAT 5 entry.

Quick question, does a resale from an unauthorized re-seller (eBay auction, Thrift Store). Void the Light-O-Rama warranty of any kind? Lets say I bought a controller off of eBay. Will Light-O-Rama still support it?

--Daniel L

Daniel wrote:

Quick question, does a resale from an unauthorized re-seller (eBay auction, Thrift Store). Void the Light-O-Rama warranty of any kind? Lets say I bought a controller off of eBay. Will Light-O-Rama still support it?

When you purchase it from Ebay the 1 year repair/replacement warranty will not be transferred.

Interesting...now E-Bay only lists Bidder 1, Bidder 2 etc instead of listing the names of the bidders
I guess that will make it harder to see who bids against who