Light-O-Rama Forums

Song recommendation

LORi P

Several friends have mentioned to me that they like "The Little Drummer Boy". I have not found a version that I like for sequencing. Do any of you have suggestions for versions of Little Drummer Boy?

LORi P wrote:

Several friends have mentioned to me that they like "The Little Drummer Boy". I have not found a version that I like for sequencing. Do any of you have suggestions for versions of Little Drummer Boy?

have you heard Justin Beibers's version?

Slow tempo - Boney M
Medium tempo - Bert Kaempfert
Fast tempo - Armik

You can listen to all three on You Tube

I like the group Go Fish "Little Drummer Boy" myself and have heard it used in several displays, now including mine.

Definitely NOT the traditional type, but I just like the beat and sound of their version.

You can hear it on YouTube here:

It does start out traditional then transitions into a more techno feel.

And wasn't that difficult to sequence either, although I still need to do some tweaking to mine to make it even better.

Orville wrote:

I like the group Go Fish "Little Drummer Boy" myself and have heard it used in several displays, now including mine.

+1. I did that one last year. Lots of positive comments on that particular song.

Aaron Maue wrote:

Orville wrote:

+1. I did that one last year. Lots of positive comments on that particular song.

Nice Job Aaron.

james campbell wrote:

A co-worker bought me the album ("Under the Mistletoe") as a joke. I listened to The Little Drummer Boy. It is terrible. I had to rinse out my ears and take a long walk!

FryBread wrote:
If you go back a ways..... there was a great version by Bing Crosby and David Bowie. http://www.amazon.com/Peace-Earth-Little-Drummer-Boy/dp/B000001J79

If you like that, you'll love Bob River's version.

Thanks to all who have made song recommendations. I've listened to them all, except for Bert Kaempfert. I could not find that version on YouTube or Amazon.

It's amazing all the versions that you guys recommended that I had not found before on Amazon.

So far my favorite version of Little Drummer Boy is the one by Go Fish.

The only bummer is that the song is 4 1/2 minutes! I like to edit my songs down to 2 - 2 1/2 minutes. But the various parts of that version are so different, I wouldn't be able to edit it down. I guess I could give in and sequence it. Uugh. I am slow. It will take forever.

Thanks to everyone for their song suggestions!

LORi P wrote:

The only bummer is that the song is 4 1/2 minutes! I like to edit my songs down to 2 - 2 1/2 minutes. But the various parts of that version are so different, I wouldn't be able to edit it down.

I would eliminate the entire 3rd verse because (except for the lyrics) it sounds pretty much like the 2nd verse. There is a little transition before the 3rd verse that sounds like the end. Using the timings on that video, I would cut it at about 2:26 through 4:08 and splice those parts together.

The other possibility is to eliminate the 2nd verse by making the 3rd verse, which starts at 2:32, start at 1:13, where the 2nd verse was. That editing may be a little more tricky, but possible.

Steven wrote:

I would eliminate the entire 3rd verse because (except for the lyrics) it sounds pretty much like the 2nd verse.  There is a little transition before the 3rd verse that sounds like the end.  Using the timings on that video, I would cut it at about 2:26 through 4:08 and splice those parts together.

The other possibility is to eliminate the 2nd verse by making the 3rd verse, which starts at 2:32, start at 1:13, where the 2nd verse was.  That editing may be a little more tricky, but possible.

Thanks for the suggestion, Stephen. I'll give that a shot.

Steven wrote:

james campbell wrote:

A co-worker bought me the album ("Under the Mistletoe") as a joke. I listened to The Little Drummer Boy. It is terrible. I had to rinse out my ears and take a long walk!

you must not have any taste in music:P