Light-O-Rama Forums

Just in case I disappear for a while

Guest guest

Due to finances at the moment, looks like I'll be losing the internet for a while sometime near the end of May, beginning of June. Hopefully will have it back sometime by mid-July or could be mid-August.

The person that was paying it decided he wants to turn it all off, and so it'll be either mid-July or around mid-August when my wife can take over the cable and internet service.

So just in case you don't see me around for a month or two, I've not gone anywhere, and I will try to check in as I can from the closest Public Library whenever possible.

Well, at least I can't be distracted from my sequencing and maybe I'll get a lot more done, since I'm already a little behind with that as it is.:shock:

Orville wrote:

The person that was paying it decided he wants to turn it all off, and so it'll be either mid-July or around mid-August when my wife can take over the cable and internet service.

Didn't you buy the place you're in?

Thats a pretty good gig having someone else pay for internet at your house...hwo'd you work that one?

You can always look around for unsecured wifi...not that I would EVER condone such nefarious activity.

DonFL wrote:

Orville wrote:

Didn't you buy the place you're in?

Thats a pretty good gig having someone else pay for internet at your house...hwo'd you work that one?

You can always look around for unsecured wifi...not that I would EVER condone such nefarious activity.

Yes, but it wasn't a direct pay off, mortgaged.

The person lives here {my wife's disabled brother} and is also on the mortgage.

And I just don't make enough to pay my half of the mortgage, lot rent and other associated fees, pay insurance on the vehicles and keep fuel in them. And he just got hit with a default student loan payment they are taking from him, so since he is also paying back child support payments and now the student loan.

Well, unfortunately the cable/internet service is the one that has to be cut at this time.

If my wife would have received her school F.A. check in May as she had expected, we wouldn't be having it shut off, but when she called the school, they told her possibly around June 16, but more than likely not until August 16 or thereabout.

So until she gets her check, the cable service has to go bye bye for a little while.

Also told my brother in law when he got the service NOT to go with all the hoopla and just get basic cable and internet, as usual, idiot never listens and does what he wants, so the cable bill is about $200+ a month. When my wife takes over and gets it back it's going to be just the basic services, which will be less than half that.

Some people just bite off more than they can manage, but then, I never know what I'm talking about when it comes to keeping things on the cheap. Some folks just never listen. You know how it is.

BTW: We already looked for WiFi to piggyback of off when we first moved in, there isn't any anywhere around or near here, unless I go to a restaurant that has it or the library.

Orville wrote:

The person that was paying it decided he wants to turn it all off, and so it'll be either mid-July or around mid-August when my wife can take over the cable and internet service.

The person lives here {my wife's disabled brother

And I just don't make enough to pay my half of the mortgage

hit with a default student loan payment they are taking from him, so since he is also paying back child support payments and now the student loan.  

If my wife would have received her school F.A. check in May as she had expected, we wouldn't be having it shut off

So until she gets her check, the cable service has to go bye bye for a little while.

as usual, idiot never listens and does what he wants

Some people just bite off more than they can manage, but keeping things on the cheap.  Some folks just never listen.

I agree, some people just bite off more than they can manage!

Donny M. Carter wrote:

Orville wrote:

The person lives here {my wife's disabled brother}

And I just don't make enough to pay my half of the mortgage

hit with a default student loan payment they are taking from him, so since he is also paying back child support payments and now the student loan.

If my wife would have received her school F.A. check in May as she had expected, we wouldn't be having it shut off

as usual, idiot never listens and does what he wants

Some people just bite off more than they can manage, but keeping things on the cheap. Some folks just never listen.

I agree, some people just bite off more than they can manage!

Problem was I did make enough until they hit me with medicare premiums that took away more than I could afford a month. I never expected to have any deductions from my monthly income check. but started this month and that extra money could pay my share of things, as it is, I just barely make enough to cover the basic expenses.

But I do have some things in the works that I hope will resolve some of this, but going to take time.

• The topic was locked