Jump to content

New Feature in Hardware Utility


Recommended Posts

Free string of 100ct LED lights (any color, either C6 or Minis) to the first person who proves me right!!!!

IF you prove my insanity, then you just get the satisfaction of knowing they are coming to lock me away any day now... :cool:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

Here's the video link to the chase test between S2 2.7.6 and S3 3.4.0.

https://vimeo.com/42552860

Unfortunately I couldn't remember one of the channels (channel 4) I had turned on in the S2 test and was not turned on in the S3 test. Therefore the delay appears to be shorter, but only because I forgot to turn on Channel 4. Otherwise the delay between the Skull and the Bat would have been completely identical.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

jimswinder wrote:

Free string of 100ct LED lights (any color, either C6 or Minis) to the first person who proves me right!!!!

IF you prove my insanity, then you just get the satisfaction of knowing they are coming to lock me away any day now... :cool:


Oh my, looks like they may be coming to take Jim away at any moment now.

Dibs on the mega tree, even if it does fall over.:P
Link to post
Share on other sites

Orville wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
Free string of 100ct LED lights (any color, either C6 or Minis) to the first person who proves me right!!!!

IF you prove my insanity, then you just get the satisfaction of knowing they are coming to lock me away any day now... :cool:


Oh my, looks like they may be coming to take Jim away at any moment now.

Dibs on the mega tree, even if it does fall over.:P

come on Scotty!!! Beam those videos down!!!

There are men in white uniforms knocking on my door!!!! :shock:

Oh wait...that's just Orville looking for a Mega tree....
Link to post
Share on other sites

Jim is right!!!! Now send me my lights darn it!!!

That was 100 strings of lights correct Jim??? Not one string.

Link to post
Share on other sites

shfr26 wrote:

Jim is right!!!! Now send me my lights darn it!!!

That was 100 strings of lights correct Jim??? Not one string.
sorry...YOUR word would be good enough for me...

but I think the others would still be doubters...

Now I see why you didn't understand my first post...(That was 100 strings of lights correct Jim???) you have dyslexia...:?
Link to post
Share on other sites

jimswinder wrote:

shfr26 wrote:
Jim is right!!!!   Now send me my lights darn it!!!

That was 100 strings of lights correct Jim???  Not one string.
sorry...YOUR word would be good enough for me...

but I think the others would still be doubters...

Now I see why you didn't understand my first post...(That was 100 strings of lights correct Jim???) you have dyslexia...:?


Maybe 100 strings of incandescent lights. Lol
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

Shoot, I was actually hoping to prove Jim right! Didn't work out that way.

I could've used a nice set of 100ct C6 Orange LED lights!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Orville wrote:

Shoot, I was actually hoping to prove Jim right! Didn't work out that way.

I could've used a nice set of 100ct C6 Orange LED lights!
well then, you should have "doctored" the video!!!! :dude:

try it again...
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, so I'm not sure I'd call it a "feature" more like an oddity.

But I swear on my dead relatives - and even on the ones who are not feeling too good, when I was setting up for the show and running the hardware utility, it would run through all 16 channels. Regardless of how many were selected.

It would not only give me a few seconds to get from the garage computer to the yard when checking 9-16, but cause my helpers confusion when it would start on 15 then delay from 1-8, then continue on 9.

And if anybody can name that quote, without Googling it, you can win another string of Jim's lights!!!

Scott

Link to post
Share on other sites

Shubb wrote:

Ok, so I'm not sure I'd call it a "feature" more like an oddity.

But I swear on my dead relatives - and even on the ones who are not feeling too good, when I was setting up for the show and running the hardware utility, it would run through all 16 channels. Regardless of how many were selected.

Maybe it depends on our computer set-up...because I swear it did it on my computers also...
Link to post
Share on other sites

jimswinder wrote:

Shubb wrote:
Ok, so I'm not sure I'd call it a "feature" more like an oddity.

But I swear on my dead relatives - and even on the ones who are not feeling too good, when I was setting up for the show and running the hardware utility, it would run through all 16 channels. Regardless of how many were selected.

Maybe it depends on our computer set-up...because I swear it did it on my computers also...

You're right...if you ran it on a Mac it probably didn't work correctly.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry Jim,

I know you're desperate for evidence that you're not insane. And who couldn't use those 100 strings of lights you're offering... But I've been using LOR since just before S2 was released and I've never had an issue with any version of the HU not testing whatever channels I directed it to include. Maybe you just need to be a bit more assertive...

Link to post
Share on other sites

George Simmons wrote:

. But I've been using LOR since just before S2 was released and I've never had an issue with any version of the HU not testing whatever channels I directed it to include.
I NEVER said I had any issues with it testing whatever channels I directed it to include!!!! :shock:

Sheesh!!! :P
Link to post
Share on other sites

I can garuntee that version 1.6.9 and later did not chase through all 16 channels unless you left all 16 channels selected.
Could you have had all 16 channels selected in the HU and only 5 strings of lights attatched?

Link to post
Share on other sites

BrandonH wrote:

Could you have had all 16 channels selected in the HU and only 5 strings of lights attatched?

Nope...

well..obviously my Alzheimer's is more advanced than I thought...
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

The only time I've ever had the HWU or SE act strange, odd or wierd {your choice} is if I am running a show from the DC-MP3 Showtime Director and I try to test lights or run a sequence in the SE while the Showtime Director is running things and I've left the USB Cable attached to the USB485B dongle.

Other than that, HWU works just as the video shows in comparison of S2 with S3, no difference.

Sorry Jim, as much as I'd love to take your Orange C6 LED 100ct string from you, I won't doctor the evidence that shows the truth.

So now let's see what else we can find that may be different that could possibly do this.....

I am running Windows XP Home Edition on both the Desktop and Wife's Laptop the tests were done on.

Desktop: 2GB Ram, 250GB HD, VGA HD LCD Monitor.

Laptop 4GB Ram. 320GB HD, VGA LCD HD Monitor.

So maybe you were running this in Windows '98 when it did this? Although most of the folks here that have been in this from the beginning never had this odd occurence, and that may have been back in Windows '95 days I'd have to guess, since I don't keep up with dates of Windows new releases, nor do I know the actual release of the first LOR software/suite.

But no matter how hard I tried to duplicate what you say happened with you, I just can't get the LOR S2 or S3 suite to create it. And I've tried quite a few things to attempt it, running other software in the background. sometimes up to 5 programs and still could not replicate the all 16 channel or what may appear to be all 16 channels being checked under the chase test option.

So I have got to still agree with the others that the HWU just doesn't work that way, at least not in S2 {2.7.6} or S3 {3.4.0} that I tried with.

Link to post
Share on other sites

When LOR first started, I wrote the Hardware Utility as a way to test the hardware that I was building. Other people wrote the rest of the software.

When I wrote the Hardware Utility, only the selected channels were involved in the chase so if you selected only two channels it would ping/pong quickly between those two channels. I do not believe the code has been changed.

As far as things acting weird when the MP3 director is running while attached to the PC, In that case we have two directors running on the same network, The MP3 Director and the PC. Their commands "collide" and garble things so you get strange results.

Dan

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...