Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR and windows 2000

Guest guest

Will LOR software work with windows 2000 NT software. I am trying to install the program and I get an error message stating windows system files are out of date. I have all the updates from microsoft but still cannot get the software on the PC.

thanks

greg

greg s wrote:

Will LOR software work with windows 2000 NT software. I am trying to install the program and I get an error message stating windows system files are out of date. I have all the updates from microsoft but still cannot get the software on the PC.

This link should solve the problem.

Yeah, I read that when searching for a solution, it's not quite the problem I am having but will try again tonight...I expect the same problem will occur.

I do have service pack 2 installed but am still having trouble installing.

Make sure you post the "EXACT" error message you are saying that you are having. Software often tries to install DLL files that you may already have which may be newer or older versions.

Make sure to write down the errors exactly and then write down what opton you chose like cancel or OK.

Take care.
RW

ok here goes, I tried again tonight with the same problems...

here is the message I get, I have all updates available.

"Setup cannot continue because some system files are out of date on your system. click OK if you would like setup to update thses files for you now. You will need to restart windows before you can run setup again. Click cancel to exit setup without updating system files."

First the obvious. cancel simply cancels the process.

clicking ok brings up another window, restart now or exit

upon clicking restart the pc restarts when it comes back up and I try to install again the message repeats itself. I did this 7 or 8 times tonight and finally gave up.

greg

That sounds like a known deployment error I have had before. LOR will probably have to help you on that one.

It USUALLY happens when an installer tries to copy an older file over a file protected by the Windows file protection feature on Win 2k.

It happens alot on VB programs but I do not know what LOR uses.

I'm sure LOR will be able to help you out on it.

Make sure you have the latest service pack installed as well since SP4 has all kind of security fixes for Win2K

RW

Dan,

I am trying something else out, It may be the problem. Windows are fully up to date with all the service packs. I think that it maybe a conflict with another program. I tried to install another program and got a similar error message, upon rebooting it then requested the "suspecting program disc" to run installer. I need to clean up the computer anyway so I may start from scratch tonight.

greg

Mark,

I tried that and continued to get the error, I wasn't sure I got all of the programs closed (I think some were running in the background since this is pc in on my home network. I was having some other issues and since it is now my extra pc I am in thr process of reinstalling windows. Here is another question I have another older machine That I wouldn't mind setting up in the shed to run the program. 1) what is the minimum size processor the program will run on, and 2) what is the minimum operating system?

thanks for the help

greg

greg s wrote:

Here is another question I have another older machine That I wouldn't mind setting up in the shed to run the program. 1) what is the minimum size processor the program will run on, and 2) what is the minimum operating system?

thanks for the help

greg

From the LOR website:
minimum PC requirements
400 MHz or faster CPU
Windows 98, 98SE, ME, 2000 or XP
20 MB free disk space, 128 MB RAM
One serial port or a USB to serial port adapter

I used an old 800 MHz PIII running Windows2K with no problems. Editing was rather tedious though probably due to the ancient video card. But I only did this when I had to tweak the show or for testing purposes.

Mark