Jump to content
Light-O-Rama Forums

F/S: 2 - CTB16PC Ready to Go (30-amp)


KX6D

Recommended Posts

Two V2 purchased as "Partially Assembled Kit" in November 2010. LOR assembled the boards. Has 2-120V inputs (30-amp) with factory heat sinks. I installed the 32 pigtails.

These have never been used. Will include the 485B and 100' green network cable for $420.00.

Would prefer Southern CA buyer so you can try before you buy. They are in perfect shape and never used.

For those who want to know WHY I'm selling...Programming just takes WAY too long! Maybe if I wasn't such a perfectionist I could of thrown something up. I didn't want to do just some random blinking lights that we've all seen out there. I have the best 45 seconds out there! ;)

I'll hold on to the EDM transmitter and all the LEDS for now.

Dino - KX6D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dino, yes programming takes a bit of time to do to get those lights just the way you want them, BUT and this is a big but, why not download some of the others sequences out there and just expand or perfect them?

That way much of the programming is already done for you, you just have to modify the channel ID's to what is in your display and possibly tweek a setting here or there to make the lights do what you want.

Many of us that started out in this hobby used this method, it did several things, helped us to see how the SE is used to make the lights do things, help us to get a few songs up and running for our first attempt at an LOR animated lights to music display and showed us the way to expand on those settings for our own display use.

Many of us have links to sites that allow completely free access {i.e. NO CHARGE} to download and use our sequences as a starting point.

Hate to see you just give it up because the programming takes too long. Believe me when I say this, my first attempts weren't the best either and, like you, I tend to be a "perfectionist", first thing you have to do is let the perception of lights being 100% perfect go, that's just not going to happen, secondly, as you modify or tweek others sequences for use in your display, the programming will actually start to get easier and faster to do.

When I did my first song on my own, I can't count the number of hours I actually worked on it, and I thought just like you, this takes WAY TOO LONG to accomplish, used to probably take me a hundred hours give or take on just a minute or two of a song sequence, now by utilizing the help wizards {VU, Tapper and Beat} along with some manual insertions, I can usually get a song done in a day or two, and yes, it used to take me almost 2-4 months when I started in this insane hobby to get just ONE song done.

Don't let it get you down or let it make you jump out of the hobby, honestly try some of the above suggestions and if that doesn't work, then I'd say it'd be time to get out.

It's taken me 2 years to get where I am now, I started with 5 controllers/80 channels in 2010, first show being Halloween 2010 and some of the comments on my sequences definitely were not stellar, but hey, looked good to me. LOL

Now I can look back at those first attempts and royally laugh at myself from seeing/reading what everyone's advice was, and how bad my sequencing really was then.

And I am STILL working on tweeking some of those first year 2010 sequences for my 2012 show!

But you definitely have to let the perfectionism part go, this is more imagination than perfection!

Hope you'll reconsider, if not, good luck on selling your controllers.

BTW: Here's a link to all my sequences from 2010 through what I've got done for 2012, ALL free for the taking for anyone to modify and use {if you happen to change your mind}:

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=7d6d47dfa1c635ae&Bsrc=EMSHGM&Bpub=SN.Notifications&resid=7D6D47DFA1C635AE!1240&id=7D6D47DFA1C635AE%211240

Link to comment
Share on other sites

oliver who did these songs belive in me ghost mona the vampire radiator the song sound interesting would like to listen to them thanks james morris

Link to comment
Share on other sites

james morris wrote:

oliver who did these songs belive in me ghost mona the vampire radiator the song sound interesting would like to listen to them thanks james morris

Believe in Me: Hot Loins and Bunny {recorded directly from the end title credits from the movie: "Super-Hybrid" - could not locate this specific version for sale, no soundtrack CD could be found either.}

Ghosts: John Vossel and the Vintage Buzz Band ALBUM: HALLOWEEN (Available from CDBaby: http://www.cdbaby.com }

Mona the Vampire: Judy Rothman {from a children's cartoon TV show - had to use a DVDVideosoft program to convert to an MP3 from a video - couldn't find the song anywhere for sale.}

Radiator: Family Force 5 {I think I got this one from iTunes}

Also sending you a PM.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Orville wrote:

james morris wrote:
oliver who did these songs belive in me ghost mona the vampire radiator the song sound interesting would like to listen to them thanks james morris

Believe in Me: Hot Loins and Bunny {recorded directly from the end title credits from the movie: "Super-Hybrid"}

Ghosts: John Vossel and the Vintage Buzz Band ALBUM: HALLOWEEN (Available from CDBaby: http://www.cdbaby.com }

Mona the Vampire: Judy Rothman

Radiator: Family Force 5 {I think I got this one from iTunes}

Also sending you a PM.



I hope "PM" means punctuation marks.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mwhite7097 wrote:

Orville wrote:
james morris wrote:
oliver who did these songs belive in me ghost mona the vampire radiator the song sound interesting would like to listen to them thanks james morris

Believe in Me: Hot Loins and Bunny {recorded directly from the end title credits from the movie: "Super-Hybrid"}

Ghosts: John Vossel and the Vintage Buzz Band ALBUM: HALLOWEEN (Available from CDBaby: http://www.cdbaby.com }

Mona the Vampire: Judy Rothman

Radiator: Family Force 5 {I think I got this one from iTunes}

Also sending you a PM.



I hope "PM" means punctuation marks.




Nope, that means you press that little button at the top of posts labeled PM for "P"rivate "M"essage or "P"ersonal "M"essage to the poster.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

i would agree with Orville. this is my first year as well and an going to ha 2 CTB16PC as well as 2 CMB16D. seems like a lot to program and i have not copied any one else s sequences but at Orville has posted i think ill give it a try. The only thing that might hurt me is I also want to do Halloween as well and may be biting off more the I can chew. ultimately its up to you but i would at least give it a try. good luck.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

oj70chevy wrote:

i would agree with Orville. this is my first year as well and an going to ha 2 CTB16PC as well as 2 CMB16D. seems like a lot to program and i have not copied any one else s sequences but at Orville has posted i think ill give it a try. The only thing that might hurt me is I also want to do Halloween as well and may be biting off more the I can chew. ultimately its up to you but i would at least give it a try. good luck.


I've got more Halloween done than Christmas as that is what I started with when I first got into this hobby. Funny thing is I was thinking "Christmas only" when I started, but then it seems Halloween got the full gist of it. LOL

I still need to get my Christmas song list increased and get more done for Christmas for this year {2012}, but seems my Halloween show usually ends up being the bigger show. LOL Trying to get them where they are about equal.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

i see no problem using others sequences if they let you i do this to get a start then i rework the whole part to make it work for my set up this was how i learned to do my own sequences oliver was a big part as was others that helped and i thank all i have started doing my own sequences also and halloween is my best because you have a big window of songs to use

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The topic was locked
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...