Light-O-Rama Forums

PCI Max Cards and LOR Software

Guest guest

I am looking at buying a PCI Max 2006 internal transmitter card, and was looking for anyone out here in PC that is using one in thier setup, and if so how well do they work compared to the external transmitters.

I am trying to decide if an internal card or external transmitter is the better option.

I used the PCI MAX 2006+ this year for my display. No compatibility problems with LOR software/hardware. They have problems with their drivers on a lot of PCs. I had to use the 2004 version drivers to get it to work on my DELL PC. I used the little OEM wire (antennae) that came with it and the range/sound quality was great. You could pick it up a mile away from the house.

jprice01 wrote:

I used the PCI MAX 2006+ this year for my display. No compatibility problems with LOR software/hardware. They have problems with their drivers on a lot of PCs. I had to use the 2004 version drivers to get it to work on my DELL PC. I used the little OEM wire (antennae) that came with it and the range/sound quality was great. You could pick it up a mile away from the house.

I am not going to say how far mine goes because its not "supposed" to go that far. I have an impedance matched antenna for my frequency and thats up in my attic so it does go a fair distance. ;)

I use the twin wire T-type antenna thats used for home stereo antennas. You just get one of those 75ohm to coax to twin lead matching transformers. I then assembled mine inside 1" pvc pipe.

The better you match the free air resonance the better your range will be because the output of the card will be able to be sent to the antenna and transmitted instead of creating standing waves in the cable.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I realize this question should be asked in the radio forum, but since this thread is already here....

Does anyone have a good source for the PCI max cards? I'm really thinking about picking one of these up. I'd like to have the transmitter inside, as I won't have much space in the closet my system will be placed in...

jeff

• 1 month later...