Light-O-Rama Forums

CCB'S Per Network

Ralph A

It seems like I remember reading that the CC'B will run best at three sets per network, i.e. six 50 count strings. I also recall that LOR was going to update the firmware to double that figure. Anyone heard any news or updates on that information?

Thanks Ralph

• 2 weeks later...

I asked LOR the above and this was their reply;

Now that we have lots of field experience under our belts, we're recommending upto 300 RGB nodes per data network... that's 900 channels to the rest of us. Seems people love the super-fast moving rays and morphs you can do with RGBs in a string putting a significant load on the data network by squeezing all the needed commands down a small data pipe. We call it the TSO effect, meaning we have to assume everyone will be sequencing to Wizards in Winter. Now... if the world was limited to slow moving 'Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire' we'd recommend many more nodes on a network .)

So no updates on the firmware at this time.

Ralph

So... in my limited knowledge, 900 channels would be three CCRs for example on one network and nothing else?

Uh Oh, now I have to learn about networks....

No jbzeus, CCRs are 50 RGB pixels each or 150 channels per CCR, so 3 CCRs would be 450 channels. The newly released CCPs were sold in the spring sale as two 50 count strings so there are 100 RGB pixels per CCP. That would be 300 channels per full CCP, or 900 channels for 3 CCPs. so you were half right.

IF I do a Christmas show, I plan on putting two 100 count CCPs on one network, and one 100 count CCP along with about 100 non-RGB channels on the other. I very likely could use just one network, but I will have 2 networks in use for my landscape lighting because of where the cables need to go, so I will use the second network for two of the CCPs.

• 2 months later...

i just asked about the CCB's in a different forum an this what i was told ... treat the whole kit ( both strings an controller) as 1 controller that's how the software will read it ... this came from the admin in TX

I'm confused! The LOR responce said "we're recommending upto 300 RGB nodes per data network... that's 900 channels to the rest of us." In my mind 3 CCRs would be 150 nodes or 450 channels.

don't feel bad i hadn't gotten into CCR's, CCP's an the new CCB's YET being my 1st yr at this but ... i look forward to being able to in the future

i do have a question though:

on CCR's you adjust the length of them (following the instructions ) ...

can you do the same with the CCP's and the CCB's ????

Last year I had 4 CCRs and on one network they failed BADLY!

I was ready to remove them from my show.

After moving each on its own network they ran perfect.

I use a lot of fade chases that causes a lot of network traffic.

I don't use micros which I understand sends less info over the network.

If I was to figure out the macros I might be able to put everything on one network.

Make sure you test well in advance of your go live date in case you need to order extra USB adapters and add the networks.

• 5 weeks later...

I also had 4 CCR's on one network last year, and they worked fine (as far as I could tell). I use very few macros as well, and some fast songs. However, I am planning on putting at most 6 CCr's on one network, maybe I'd better do a preliminary check based on your experience. Were you using the ELL"S (wireless)?

• The topic was locked