Light-O-Rama Forums

How many channels are you adding this year?

Guest guest

dovaka wrote:

i just bought 512 channels and im going to buy another 512 channels worth in a few months on top of the 256 channels i allready have so in total next year i will have 1280 channels

WHOLLY (*&(*^# is that expensive. Wish I had that kind of Christmas budget.

I plan on adding just another 16 next year. Figure 16 a year until i'm satisfied.

-Evan

dovaka wrote:

i just bought 512 channels and im going to buy another 512 channels worth in a few months on top of the 256 channels i allready have so in total next year i will have 1280 channels

That is a lot of channels!

Is this for your house or some sort of commerical display?

dovaka wrote:

i just bought 512c and im going to buy another 512c worth in a few months on top of the 256 i allready have

for the love of god where does it end???:shock:

tap out a sequence with 1280 channels and your fingers would be bloody stubs by the time your finished.:laughing:

This was my first year, had 48 channels. Already planning on going to 96 or 112 for next year. Going to talk the the electronics class where I work and see if they are insterested in building boards for me. If so may I can add some more or at least save some money over the Showtime boxes.

James

I used 144 channels this year with an additional 16 channel board on standby for any problems... I will purchase 6 more kit boards during the sale. That will give me a total of 256 LOR and 24 DIO channels. 16 of the LOR will stand-by again so I'll have 240 to use.... I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

jeff

i have been using slc 500 programers allan bradleys. we have over 500 channels. i am going to buy my first lor this year to program some songs. when do they go on sale? and what is the best model to buy?:D

Currently, I have 80 channels. When I purchased them last year, it seemed like a lot at first, but I realized that channels get used up very quickly especially with mini trees and muti-colored, multi-sectioned trees. For me, it just wasn't enough for what I wanted to do. I had to be very selective in what elements I wanted to have in my display. Not a bad thing, but I just needed more.

For 2007, I would like some more freedom. So, I plan to add 10 + 1 spare, 16 channel boards for an additional 176 channels. Hmmm... a passing thought... 48 tri-colored mini trees would use up most of these... Uh oh, need more channels!!!

With money like that you must have a video camera to show us the great videos you made of your display. Please post them. I can't wait to see them.

Tim

dovaka wrote:

32 LOR + 40 DIO + 8 DC current. Plan is to add another 16 LOR to eliminate some long cords on the right side of the yard.. Not real big expansion plans because I am out of yard to add anything new without taking something else out.

actually believe it or not i didnt even put up lights this year my current housing situation didnt really allow it but i got all the stuff i need for next year all the controllers cabling extension cords galore a sub panel that i built and about 80,000 lights
so next year is going to be nuts, the main reason i want so many channels is to just have more precise control over things so instead of having 1 or 2 channels for the roof i would rather have just about every string on its own
im also building a mega tree that uses 100 channels by it self which is going to be 24 strands of 4 colors and star that will most likly end up being a few channels

had a static display of 6375 lights this year, im getting the 32 channel package to start for next year and adding another 13000+ lights for the time being and over the past 4-5 weeks ive already programmed 18 minutes of music (my fiance HATES christmas music at this point HA) i had to ask LOR if i was wasting my time using the demo version half way through what i did already and they said no i havent cuz what ive done will work on the full version of the software