Light-O-Rama Forums

How many channels are you adding this year?

Guest guest

I currently have 80 channels in my display, but only used 36 for the show portion. I am going to hit my wife up to buy me 4 more boards (at least) this year, and I will bump my show channels up to at least 96. What is everyone else planning on adding this year? I will be adding in my mini trees and my mega tree into my show this year (they already have 16 channels each). I will leave at least 2 controllers for the static portion that is animated and use the rest in my show. Like most of you, I didn't even have my lights down before I already had one song programmed using the new channel set up for this year. Oh well, I can certainly think of worse things to be addicted to.

Chris

I have 64, I am going to 128, and have already run out of channels ! may have
to bump it up to 144 . Thank Goodness there is the new lower cost controller kit
coming out. Even at full price it is a great deal. Come on Summer Sale !

Tim

Just bought my first 32 Channel package this year but already have budgeted for 64 more. I plan on buying at least 4 of the 16 channel kits when they are available (or on sale maybe)

As I design my show, I keep seeing where I need at least the 96 to do what I want and that is shorting myself some of the additional color control I want. I can see where I would realistically need 192 to do what I want to do.

Guess I am caught up in all of it though....

My wife giggles at me when I mention Christmas stuff now. Says I am like a kid...

RW

I had zero channels in 06 but I found a 16 channel board under the tree. :waycool: I must have been a good boy last year. I hope to be good enough this year to get another 16 channel board. 2007 my first year with hopefully 32 channels. I can't hardly wait.

mike

i just bought 512 channels and im going to buy another 512 channels worth in a few months on top of the 256 channels i allready have so in total next year i will have 1280 channels