Light-O-Rama Forums

Muisc and sequence out of order after pausing or stopping during sequence building

Torqumada286

While working on my sequences and having the program set to play from where the cursor is currently, if I stop a sequence to make changes to the sequence and then start again the sequence and music are out of synch and I have to start the entire sequence over to get them to synch back. Anyone else have this problem? Do I have something set wrong?

Torqumada

Thank you for that information, but the PDF linked on that page is two years out of date and doesn't match the current version of Audacity. When I pull up the preferences section, it looks nothing like that presented in the PDF. Is there an updated version?

Torqumada

Off the top of my head (because I'm not near a computer)

1. Make sure you have the lame dll.
2. Keep in mind that 99% of the time, all you need to do is open the file in Audacity, then "file-export" to save to a new file name. Somewhere in that process is an 'options' button. That's where you can make sure the saved file would be 128k CBR.

Don wrote:

Off the top of my head (because I'm not near a computer)

1. Make sure you have the lame dll.
2. Keep in mind that 99% of the time, all you need to do is open the file in Audacity, then "file-export" to save to a new file name. Somewhere in that process is an 'options' button. That's where you can make sure the saved file would be 128k CBR.

I've got the proper codec. However, I couldn't find the option button, until after some looking. They don't make it easy to find.

Torqumada

Yes, LOR's PDF is out of date for setting up Audacity. It will not work with the new 2.0 version. Also , if you try to download the older version it will automatically switch to the new version ( this was my experience with it ,could have done something wrong,don't know).

If you go to "Newbees" and look for the thread "Audacity set up problems" you'll see there was some talk on the subject not long ago. I started it and really didn't get much in the way of a solution, other than to go and just read the help files. sad.gif

This happens alot even with constant bit rate MP3 files.

I have found a way to fix the problem and I have never had anymore issues with this. I will have to give a hypothetical scenario.
You are working on a sequence with a window of 5 seconds from left to right. You have your play setttings set at "play visible screen". Your sequence is already marked out using dead channels for the full length.
Now, sequence a particular item all the way across the screen. Highlight a cell to far right about 1 second from the end of the current section.
Go to the bottom of the page and click right next to the horizontal scroll (NOT ON IT) so that you advance one full section. Now hit the space bar and it will back up and play from the cell you had highlighted and you should not have any more issues.

• 6 months later...

This happens alot even with constant bit rate MP3 files.

I have found a way to fix the problem and I have never had anymore issues with this. I will have to give a hypothetical scenario.

You are working on a sequence with a window of 5 seconds from left to right. You have your play setttings set at "play visible screen". Your sequence is already marked out using dead channels for the full length.

Now, sequence a particular item all the way across the screen. Highlight a cell to far right about 1 second from the end of the current section.

Go to the bottom of the page and click right next to the horizontal scroll (NOT ON IT) so that you advance one full section. Now hit the space bar and it will back up and play from the cell you had highlighted and you should not have any more issues.

Bump, I hope someone's around who understands this problem.

Are you saying that this routine fixes the problem completely? Or are you saying I need to go through this little route every time I want to start the music again from the cursor?