Light-O-Rama Forums

Anyone Else working on their 4th of July Show?

paulanator

I have been working on my 4th of July show for this year, anyone else doing or working on their show?

We are going to run it from Memorial Day Weekend, through the 4th of July weekend.

Working on a screen for video. I wanted to do video this year, so we are building the screen this weekend.

Have done the tests, and it works great. Got the info from other posts and the good ol' $8 clear shower curtain works awesome with the LCD projector I have.

I will be using an Infocus LP 290 projector shooting out the window, onto the shower curtain, which will be in a wood frame.

Been working on the videos for the show, and they are a lot of work. So I took a few of the songs from last year and will be making videos for them also with the new ones. That way I don't have to sequence every single song, just a few new ones.

I am also going to put Seasonal Entertainments RGB spots in my coro stars. I used C-7s last year, but I want to be able to have RGB in them this year. Cool thing, just re-purposing them from Christmas!

I plan on doing a couple ideas, but haven't started on it yet. I've been too busy with projects to start on it. I like your idea with the projector shining out the window onto a shower curtain. My yard is small, but this idea would work well for me. Projector on my wish list for next year.

I just got 12 DMX controllers from Holiday Coro yesterday. My Fusion DMX unit from Holiday Technologies is coming Monday and 23 rolls of RGB dumb ribbon on the way as well.

It sounds like you have some fun ahead with the DMX goodies.

There are a lot of cool things you can do with a projector for the patriotic shows. I am having fun working on the videos, but they are time consuming to edit. Then you have to do the sequencing!

I have a friend who was given an infocus lp290 as scrap, but it was not working and no bulb. So I went on ebay and found one with a bulb, and it was working, for $89. I still can't believe what a good deal it was and how nice it works for the money.

i am also working on my Display already as i wait for my First LOR starter pack to Arrive