Light-O-Rama Forums

Right or Left

George Simmons

This thread has practically nothing to do with decorating. (Except, perhaps to help further define traits that we might share in common, but I'm not sure that counts.)

It has absolutely nothing to do with either religion, sex or politics.

So why bother? Well, because I'm curious - it's practically part of my name. Are you right-handed, left-handed, or ambidextrous?

I'm naturally left-handed - to the point of hardly being able to find my mouth with a fork held in the right hand. Even though being forced to do things the "righty" way as a kid made me functionally ambidextrous, I voted lefty.

What say you?

Ambidextrous....I was "Trained" to use my right hand to write when I was a kid, so I write "Better" (though not well) with my right hand and I can write poorly with my left hand. I play sports with either hand though I am better at throwing a baseball with my left hand. My personal favorite is that back in the day when I was learning to play drums I used to play a left handed kit, but the teacher I had couldn't play a left handed kit so I swapped over to a right handed kit (he was impressed that I could swap so easily).

I periodically run poll at my office of "Which hand do you shave with", so far it appears to be what you would expect...Righties will shave both sides with their right hand, lefties will shave with their left hand and Ambie's will shave each side with the associated hand.

--Joe

The ratio of right to left handed has stayed fairly constant at 9/1. There have even been studies of caveman art that show this same ratio. Once again, our tax dollars at work?

Mostly left handed.
Bat left
Golf left
Bowl right
Cut right
Use a right handed mouse for my computer

Where my watch on the left wrist. I hear leftys are supposed to wear it on their right hand. Something to do with eating.....don't know.

David Rise wrote:

Mostly left handed.
Bat left
Golf left
Bowl right
Cut right

Where my watch on the left wrist. I hear leftys are supposed to wear it on their right hand. Something to do with eating.....don't know.

I'm left handed and wear my watch on my right wrist . I do not use my watch to help me eat though.:?

Primary right hand, writing, shaving, bowling, and so on. For some reason that I do not know where I got it from I eat with my left.

Although I do no wear a watch, if it helps me eat I will give one a try!

Ambidextrous
I write with my right hand.
Play most sports left handed bowl either shotgun either
Mouse with my left
Eat with whatever hand is easiest I have a habit of eating left side of plate with left hand and right with right.

I am left handed in everything but writing. As a a child I was beaten and abused and had to learn to write with my right hand. After repeated beatings and whippings, I stopped trying to write left handed.
(Abuse claims may be exaggerated for effect)

I am definitely righty. The only thing I do mildly well is to bat left-handed, so for that one task, I'm ambidextrous.

SteveMaris wrote:

I am left handed in everything but writing. As a a child I was beaten and abused and had to learn to write with my right hand. After repeated beatings and whippings, I stopped trying to write left handed.
(Abuse claims may be exaggerated for effect)

I was UNTIL like you, got into School where that seemed to be a big Taboo to use your left hand for anything except HOLDING DOWN the paper you were scribbling or drawing on and as soon as you started drawing, writing or using your left hand for anything EXCEPT what "they" thought it was for, you got smacked across the hand with whatever the teacher had in her/his hand at the time!

But I still came out to be ambidextrious, just like my father was, we can do much of anything with either hand if we set our mind to it{that is when my father was still with us, lost him on 9/15/2009}. Most often though because of the 12 years of "abuse" in the school system, I am more righty then lefty, but still retain the lefty traits.

But let's just say that statistics have actually proven that those capable of either being ambidextrious or left handed usually have more creativity and imagination than their right handed counterparts. Now I AM NOT saying that right handed folks don't have any, just that those left handers and those that are capable of using both hands equally have proven statistically to be more creative and imaginative.

Now we know why George is so creative with his displays and does such great work for other folks!:cool:

Hmm, has Cracker chimed in here yet? Wonder if he's left-handed with all the imagination and creativity he accomplishes with his displays?

But I'm not going to bring up one other point that has also been statistically proven {I'll allow some other to do that, if they dare}, again, that's for another thread and another arguement, as I'm sure it will fuel some flames!:shock:;)

BTW: Final question here: When a lefty meets someone, do you extend your right hand or left hand to shake hands? {My first wife was a left hander and she ALWAYS extended her left hand when she met someone, just came naturally to her, but the folks she met always looked at her like she was a bit off!} ROFLMAO

Orville wrote:

BTW: Final question here: When a lefty meets someone, do you extend your right hand or left hand to shake hands?  {My first wife was a left hander and she ALWAYS extended her left hand when she met someone, just came naturally to her, but the folks she met always looked at her like she was a bit off!} ROFLMAO

I do the Lenny and Sguiggy shake.

Torqumada

Am I the only one who had to read shfr26's post 3-4 times to figure out what the heck Torq was talking about?

shfr26 wrote:

David Rise wrote:
Mostly left handed.
Bat left
Golf left
Bowl right
Cut right

I'm left handed and wear my watch on my right wrist . I do not use my watch to help me eat though.:?

Yeah, yeah.......You big bully!;)

I am right handed . i am the oldest of 5 boys.

2 of my brothers are left handed. I was made aware of things like scissors that are only made for right handed people (unless you buy the special ones).

I teased by brothers by saying that the word Sinister comes from the Latin word Sinistra (which means left hand). If you were the cool dude, you sat on the right hand side of the King.

They responded with the study that shows left handed people have a higher IQ than right. They also told me there are less left handed people than ambidextrous people.

I'm a natural lefty. I write left-handed, but can write right-handed in a pinch. I'm also not half bad at writing upside down. I do most everything else right-handed.

I think all of us normal folks are afraid to post, you damn lefty's will attack us. You guys think you are special because you get to sit in a special seat so you can cut your steak. I bet it was one of you lefty's that somehow forced all of America to drive on the left side of the road.

Obviously I am joking! And to ou guys that are Ambidextrous, I am jelous