Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Storage

Guest guest

Hey Guys,

Is there anything I need to do or know about storing my LOR?
I was going to flash the firmware before I put it away and test it before I stuck it in a box for the season?
Is there anyway to read the firmware off the unit? I ran the Hardware Control Panel and it doesn't tell you what the existing firmware is...

Thanks all...

Happy New Year

NWSanta wrote:

Hey Guys,
Is there anything I need to do or know about storing my LOR?
I was going to flash the firmware before I put it away and test it before I stuck it in a box for the season?
Is there anyway to read the firmware off the unit? I ran the Hardware Control Panel and it doesn't tell you what the existing firmware is...

Thanks all...

Happy New Year

The HWU should tell you what the firmware is. When you open the HWU and click the "LOR Control" tab (which should be the default) and click refresh, what does it tell you in the field next to the "refresh" button? If it's a question mark, then you need to update your HWU to the latest version... or make sure you installed it correctly.

In the upgrade there is a text file that converts LOR Geek to human readable form. This is what tells you what version you have on the controller.

NWSanta wrote:

Hey Don,
Thanks for the reply, in the field next to the refresh field it says 01 - CTB16D ver 3.0.
I have upgraded to LOR Ver 1.6.1

Thoughts?

-Evan

You have version 3.0 of the firmware on your controller. If you want to upgrade to the most recent, stroll over to the LOR Support page where you can download the most recent version. (They should have instructions on how to do it.) Please be sure to update one controller at a time.

Hey Don,

Thanks, I will head over there tonight and download the right one. I only have one controller but, plan on buying another 16 channel unit next year. Couldn't remember if I have the blue or green board.

Happy New Year

-Evan