Light-O-Rama Forums

Tubes

Arnoldc

At work we use plotter paper a lot, and once the paper runs out we have these cool plastic tubes.. We normally throw these away, but I knew there was potential with this.
My idea is to make a fence out of these.. There will be a stake hold it up on the bottom, then on the top, put a pumpkin with a c9 bulb and do the flicker effect as well. Right now I am using Orange and Blue, but the final one will be using Orange and Purple. Along with this, I will dim the lights down a bit.
What do you guys think?
https://vimeo.com/39808651

I've used colored plastic tubes that are used to cover fluorescent lights in some displays; just stuff them with a 100 ct mini ligt string the same color as the tube and plug them into a LOR controller. Easy and lotsa fun designing things with a 4 foot long colored tube.

Very cool. What kind of lights are you using in the tube? Looks like a couple sets of minis?

Aaron Maue wrote:

Very cool. What kind of lights are you using in the tube? Looks like a couple sets of minis?

They are minis, one strand of orange, another blue.. The blue is temp. since I do not have purple on hand..

Looks good

that tube might not be a bad way to create a rgb lights
since you getting purple from the 2 diffrent colors that tube seems to mix the colors properly

T110431 wrote:

Looks good

that tube might not be a bad way to create a rgb lights
since you getting purple from the 2 diffrent colors that tube seems to mix the colors properly

my thought as well,you can use red green blue minis and I think it would mix pretty well cheap to. looks nice btw