Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hate to push it, since I know "it's coming" but it would be great to have an update.

Rumors are swirling that it's been delayed, may not be happening at all, or may be a hardware solution.

I upgraded to S3 based on the promise that E1.31 support was coming in the first half of the year. We're getting close. Based on how slow sequencing pixels is going to be, I need to get started pretty soon.

Problem is, I don't even know how to create the channels in LOR so they're compatible with E1.31 when/if it is released. I don't want to configure 600 channels twice for obvious reasons.

As such, I'd really appreciate an update as to whether I should keep waiting for E1.31 support directly from LOR S3, or whether I need to look at some of the other options.

And I'd be really, really appreciative if someone could tell us how to set up E1.31 channels now, and get a head start on sequencing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wbottomley wrote:

Good luck with that. lol

I would place a bet that nothing gets mentioned except the generic canned response.


Give Dan a chance William! Gosh!! You never know, he may surprise us!! Right Dan?
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest wbottomley

Donny M. Carter wrote:

wbottomley wrote:
Good luck with that. lol

I would place a bet that nothing gets mentioned except the generic canned response.


Give Dan a chance William! Gosh!! You never know, he may surprise us!! Right Dan?


LOL

It's a set up that he could knock it out of the ball park. :D
Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it something that is really difficult to add? It seems other programs added it in shortly after it was called for.
An update would be great. As mentioned, I have halted my sequencing until I am 100% sure as to what my show will actually be.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm anxious to hear more information on this as well, so I can plan my display and start sequencing for this season. I'm really hoping this doesn't slip to late in the calendar year (or worse) or I'll have to look at other options myself, and I really don't want to.

Link to post
Share on other sites

E1.31 has been implemented and is working in a branch of the S3 software. We will release it for beta testing in about 4 weeks. The reason for the timing is that we are scheduling the release of the E1.31 software to coincide with the release of E1.31 hardware (4 port DMX gateway and Cosmic Color Matrix (CCM) a multi-port pixel controller). In the event there are delays with the hardware we will release S3 software with E1.31 support this summer.

We are not releasing any details on the new hardware at this time but I will reiterate that if we have any delays with hardware schedules we will uncouple the release of an integrated solution and release just the software support for E1.31

As far as sequencing today, you can setup your channels as DMX universe(s). If you are doing so for RGB channels this will require two steps. First create a DMX universe then convert it to RGB channels.

Best regards,
Dan
Light O Rama, Inc.

Link to post
Share on other sites

LightORamaDan wrote:

E1.31 has been implemented and is working in a branch of the S3 software. We will release it for beta testing in about 4 weeks. The reason for the timing is that we are scheduling the release of the E1.31 software to coincide with the release of E1.31 hardware (4 port DMX gateway and Cosmic Color Matrix (CCM) a multi-port pixel controller). In the event there are delays with the hardware we will release S3 software with E1.31 support this summer.


I think one very interesting will be what pinout LOR uses on their E1.31 hardware? Will it be XLR out like the iDMX1000, industry standard RJ45 pins 1and 2 or LOR standard RJ45 pins 4 and 5?

I'm leaning toward XLRs but I would not be supprise to see LOR pinouts. I don't think there is a chance that they'll use the industry standard RJ45 pinout.

Bets anyone:D
Link to post
Share on other sites

Timon wrote:

LightORamaDan wrote:
E1.31 has been implemented and is working in a branch of the S3 software. We will release it for beta testing in about 4 weeks. The reason for the timing is that we are scheduling the release of the E1.31 software to coincide with the release of E1.31 hardware (4 port DMX gateway and Cosmic Color Matrix (CCM) a multi-port pixel controller). In the event there are delays with the hardware we will release S3 software with E1.31 support this summer.


I think one very interesting will be what pinout LOR uses on their E1.31 hardware? Will it be XLR out like the iDMX1000, industry standard RJ45 pins 1and 2 or LOR standard RJ45 pins 4 and 5?

I'm leaning toward XLRs but I would not be supprise to see LOR pinouts. I don't think there is a chance that they'll use the industry standard RJ45 pinout.

Bets anyone:D


On the hobby version, which will be the first version released it will have RJ45 connectors, constant with the DMX standards.

Dan
Link to post
Share on other sites

LightORamaDan wrote:

Timon wrote:
LightORamaDan wrote:
E1.31 has been implemented and is working in a branch of the S3 software. We will release it for beta testing in about 4 weeks. The reason for the timing is that we are scheduling the release of the E1.31 software to coincide with the release of E1.31 hardware (4 port DMX gateway and Cosmic Color Matrix (CCM) a multi-port pixel controller). In the event there are delays with the hardware we will release S3 software with E1.31 support this summer.


I think one very interesting will be what pinout LOR uses on their E1.31 hardware? Will it be XLR out like the iDMX1000, industry standard RJ45 pins 1and 2 or LOR standard RJ45 pins 4 and 5?

I'm leaning toward XLRs but I would not be supprise to see LOR pinouts. I don't think there is a chance that they'll use the industry standard RJ45 pinout.

Bets anyone:D


On the hobby version, which will be the first version released it will have RJ45 connectors, constant with the DMX standards.

Dan


I totally surprised but in the most plesent way:) Will the outputs be electrically isolated? That would be icing on the cake.

Your statement would lead one to assume there will be a "Pro" version.
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

LightORamaDan wrote:

Timon wrote:
LightORamaDan wrote:
E1.31 has been implemented and is working in a branch of the S3 software. We will release it for beta testing in about 4 weeks. The reason for the timing is that we are scheduling the release of the E1.31 software to coincide with the release of E1.31 hardware (4 port DMX gateway and Cosmic Color Matrix (CCM) a multi-port pixel controller). In the event there are delays with the hardware we will release S3 software with E1.31 support this summer.


I think one very interesting will be what pinout LOR uses on their E1.31 hardware? Will it be XLR out like the iDMX1000, industry standard RJ45 pins 1and 2 or LOR standard RJ45 pins 4 and 5?

I'm leaning toward XLRs but I would not be supprise to see LOR pinouts. I don't think there is a chance that they'll use the industry standard RJ45 pinout.

Bets anyone:D


On the hobby version, which will be the first version released it will have RJ45 connectors, constant with the DMX standards.

Dan


So Dan,
I am assuming that the licensing of the function of e1.31 will incorporate with SuperStar? If so will the licensing cost of SuperStar change? How many universes will your software support? And do you have a time table for how long you will leave the new S3 release to remain in beta?
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just curious, Did the beta testers get this yet???? Any news on how its going??? Or is Beta testing kept private and no one can tell us until it is done being tested? Dan did say about a month, about a month ago. How long does the testing usually take? The first half of the year is closing fast.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Since this is May 1st, that gives two months for Beta testing and release since it was stated "Will be released in the first half of the year".

Link to post
Share on other sites

shfr26 wrote:

Since this is May 1st, that gives two months for Beta testing and release since it was stated "Will be released in the first half of the year".

Just playing devils advocate here, but we were also told that CCB's and CCF's would be released in 2011.

I don't have any inside information regarding the status of E1.31, but things happen that we (the users) and they (LOR) have no control over.

Just something to keep in mind.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Don wrote:

shfr26 wrote:
Since this is May 1st, that gives two months for Beta testing and release since it was stated "Will be released in the first half of the year".

Just playing devils advocate here, but we were also told that CCB's and CCF's would be released in 2011.

I don't have any inside information regarding the status of E1.31, but things happen that we (the users) and they (LOR) have no control over.

Just something to keep in mind.


But didn't they sell CCB's and CCF's during the sale?:shock: At least I thought I saw them. I guess that must have been either a "Pre-order" or I was dreaming;)
Link to post
Share on other sites

Timon wrote:

But didn't they sell CCB's and CCF's during the sale?:shock: At least I thought I saw them. I guess that must have been either a "Pre-order" or I was dreaming;)

In 2011? No, they did not sell the items/pre-order, etc.
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

Don wrote:

shfr26 wrote:
Since this is May 1st, that gives two months for Beta testing and release since it was stated "Will be released in the first half of the year".

Just playing devils advocate here, but we were also told that CCB's and CCF's would be released in 2011.

I don't have any inside information regarding the status of E1.31, but things happen that we (the users) and they (LOR) have no control over.

Just something to keep in mind.

Thats a valid (though frustrating) concern if it involves hardware manufacturing, but as dan mentioned above, the software is working to some level, so would expect anything preventing that from being released to beta as stated would be internal.

I'm more a bystander in this one, as with past track record of support and releases, not depending on LOR for E131 support within the needed timeline. Sandevices coupled with LSP serves the purpose presently. Just a shame to see a lot of LOR controller spend this season on the shelf as they currently can't support what I'm wanting to do. Like others, especially after last season, not going to gamble this year...
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...