• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• brianfox

• dgrant

• toddmoon

• asetti

Hint for everyone that ordered items, make sure you verify everything you bought. One of the controllers I got has a bad channel. They had me do a full reset on it, which did not cure the issue of no power from the one channel and verified with a DVM. Waiting on hearing from them what they wish to do.

I ordered strobes from a different company and checked all 25 that I ordered and received...3 of those arrived DOA. So check and verify everything.

Well I have some good news. My order number was 34630. And I got an email saying it was shipped today! And I tracked it and UPS says it will be delivered tomorrow. So I can't wait until then. I love next day service...;)

I see LOR is running ahead of schedule. That's always nice...

brianfox wrote:

bgwyn wrote:
WOOOOWEEEEEE!!!! Newbie here just picked up her software and first 4 controllers!!! So excited but 4-6weeks for delivery??? Your killing me LOR! LOL...loving it!

My order said 4-6 weeks also, but this morning I got a "shipped" message from LOR. Should be here by April 6.

Have fun with those controllers! You order the RS485 adapter, also?

Yes the controllers showed up on Friday April 6th just like LOR promised and yes I did get the adapter. My husband and I put the controllers together on Saturday. We built our first Halloween Face on Sunday and even ran a sneak peek of our "Thiller" sequence for our friends and neighbors that night. Wow....they were really impressed!! They think we are crazy but we are having a blast!!;)

Must be nice...the lady of the house here told me "No" to a fancy halloween display with the controllers. She wants to keep the static display the way it is. She said Ok to the Christmas display since this will be my first year but she's already complaining about the money spent on it. Oh well!

dgrant wrote:

Must be nice...the lady of the house here told me "No" to a fancy halloween display with the controllers. She wants to keep the static display the way it is. She said Ok to the Christmas display since this will be my first year but she's already complaining about the money spent on it. Oh well!

Be-careful what you ask for, you'll find yourself busy with just the Christmas display, My lady decided she would let me do the Christmas thing then saw how she could incorporate it into her Halloween display next thing i knew i was doing Halloween and Christmas my first year. But it was a blast and she still complains about the cost.

I've actually downgraded my Halloween display back to a static display. I still have the songs I previously used programmed, but the time and energy to upgrade everything with the additional controllers is pretty intense. I do use the LOR boxes though to power the lights thru the computer, so I'm not plugging everything in each night, turning on switches, etc. So...definitely use the LOR equipment for Halloween - just create an animation display in the sequence editor where all channels are always on, so you don't have to worry too much about plugging the decorations in any specific way.

Ordered at 21:03:25 EDT 2012

Thank you again for your order from Light-O-Rama
Shipped today be here on 4/19/2012

Sweet now for the next sale.

magish01 wrote:

Oh Man!! Reefrus, you ordered 1 second after me. So, where is my order???? Hehehehehe

I bet it is on the way to just got my notice this morning.

LOR is sending me a replacement board for my failed channel. 10 points for LOR for doing the right thing!

One year I had a new controller that I received from the summer sale and did not try it or test it until Christmas. Dan ran me through some tests and tried updating the software but it did turn out that channels 9-16 were bad.

LOR service is great. Once in a while things happen and there can be issues so it never hurts to check your items when you get them instead of waiting until crunch time like I did. Never fear though LOR will take care of you if in the rare event you do have a problem with your unit. :P

Wow all these orders with numbers higher than mine getting shipped. Boo Hoo! Hope order number 34650 ships soon. No email, no card charge.

Orders
34296  9:02:10
34821  9:04:39
34987  9:13:10

Shipped today. I have to compliment Mary for the awesome service/communications and combining the shipping to help me save on shipping.