Light-O-Rama Forums

New LOR setup help?

Guest guest

I just opened up my package from LOR last night.

1.Today I started hooking it up by installing software and then dragging file from Driver cd to LOR file. I followed instructions for my adapter. ( USB to RS485 Adapter with Booster)

2. I plugged in USB to RS485 Adapter with Booster adapter via USB cable, and data cable to center plug inside LOR controller. Plugged in controller to wall outlet, RED light is flashing.

3. I went to Hardware screen to asign Port, controller #, Etc... This is where I'm stuck. My PC can't seem to see controller. I assign controller number as 01. My Port options are none, 1 , or 3. When I do the Auto detect for my port its not finding anything. I know I'm just missing a step. Can someone or maybe Dan lend a hand to a noobie? Thanks

If you look at the actual contoller board, you may need to make sure you have it adressed correctly. Make sure the little white switches are set to 01, etc.

Left switch set to 0, next switch set to 1.

Wow guys, quik reply

I actually did both things that you guys said. The controller was set to 01 out of the box. I did a refresh first thing and learned to set it to 10 so it wouldn't take so long.

Good questions though, I know this dialog will help find the step I know I'm missing.

I'll be home in a couple hours to trouble shoot some more.

Flashbulb wrote:

... When I do the Auto detect for my port its not finding anything.

If you unplug the USB connector from the computer and plug it back in while the computer is running, does your computer recognize that a USB device was plugged in?

Its working....

:waycool:I finally got home to trouble shoot for a bit. I could not get it to work so I went back and reinstalled drivers and now have success. It has found the port and controller and I have red and green lights flashing on my office floor. I'm so excited that I may shoot a picture to send in to the LOR lighting contest.LOL (winner of best lit office floor) Thanks again for everyones prompt response to my questions. Hope I can return the favor when the time comes.

:happytree: