Light-O-Rama Forums

Lighting Control

Guest guest

New member here, but not necessarily new to lighting. Have been a lighting director for many years.

I have a question concerning the LOR units. Is it possible to hook up an external lighting control board? I would like to actually see some settings before or as I program the system.

Thanks,

Bruce I in South FL

You mean something like this?

No, you would not be able to do that. The purchased LOR software will let you see the results of your work as you program.

There are also many LOR users out there with videos of their house. This should give you an idea of what LOR can do.

The other option would be to locate a LOR users near you, and ask them to show you some of the settings in person.

Being that you are familiar with DMX control, you should look at Animated Lighting as well. LOR is planning to have DMX capabilities, but does not have it yet. AL currently has these features. I would assume you are planning for next Christmas, but if it's for anything sooner, then I would encourage you to explore all options.

Don wrote:

The other option would be to locate a LOR users near you, and ask them to show you some of the settings in person.

Speaking of which,

Can I ask you to fill in your profile (location and such) so we can be of better assistance to you on your local surroundings/climate and such? It's a courtesy thing on here.

Tom

Don wrote:

You mean something like this?

Yes I do. I have worked with automated system that would let me set levels on the various channels and then lock it in on the computer. Just a hoped for thing to make my life simpler.

thanks for the reply

Santas Helper wrote:

Don wrote:

Speaking of which,

Can I ask you to fill in your profile (location and such) so we can be of better assistance to you on your local surroundings/climate and such? It's a courtesy thing on here.

Tom
Sorry to seem discourteous, didn't mean to be. However my location is not written in stone right now. House here in South Florida is on the market and at some time we hope to move north, actually to Madison MS. Will get in touch with Don Woodall at that time.
Thanks,
Bruce In in S FL

Hi,

Once you have the software and hardware, you will be able to see the effects in real time as you are creating your sequence. Also in the hardware utility program you can use a slider to move intensity to see what 50% looks like vs 80% etc....

LightORama wrote:

Hi,

Once you have the software and hardware, you will be able to see the effects in real time as you are creating your sequence. Also in the hardware utility program you can use a slider to move intensity to see what 50% looks like vs 80% etc....

Thanks Dan, that's good to know. Software is in hand, purchased from one of your customers that didn't have the time he thought he had or something like that. I will be learning and practicing until I get the hardware this spring. I think I want to wait until after we move, have more than enough "stuff" to pack and carry as it is. but if the right deal comes along all that can change.