Light-O-Rama Forums

4 x 8 peg board flag template

toddmoon

I am wanting to put together a US flag with lights on a 4 x 8 foot peg board. Does anyone know where I could purchase a template or have an old one I could purchase?

A couple of years ago I went through all the work to do just this. Lots of work. The next year I changed to one of Holiday Coro's large flags (and later added two of the smaller ones).I then scrapped the wood one I put all those hours of work into. Not only was the coro easy to setup but looked much better. Everything was perfectly straight and the light holes lined up just right. Check it out www.holidaycoro.com do you self a favor. If you want to see what the looked like check

I need to go big, so what I did was ordered a $15.00 flag from walmart
I went to Lowes and bought 3-4'x8' foam insulation panels cut the panels to be the size of the flag, used vinyl (duct tape) to tape the sections together, this is so I can tri-fold the flag after the season is over then used a can of glue spray to affix the vinyl flag to foam panels. and pushed the mini-bulbs through the foam back board through the plastic flag, done

would it be as easy as buying a flag from holiday coro.....no

maybe I should have emailed them and asked if they could make a flag that size, hmmmm

Attached files 311723=17046-Flag Pic.JPG

The coro idea got me thinking about how some have used pvc pipe and cut a slot out of it to string lights. Nice even light distribution on straight lines. that would work very well on the red and white lines. Not sure how I would use that for the stars. Maybe a cross section.

Hey Todd,
here is a link to a previous post I made on last year's display. I used the Holiday Coro pre drilled coro, and I tell you it was way worth the money. Very easy to follow directions.

http://forums.lightorama.com/view_topic.php?id=26928&forum_id=98&highlight=coro+flag

• 2 weeks later...

I changed my design, I returned the insulation panels to Lowe's and I found a wholesale house about 2 miles from where I work and I purchased 2 sheets of 6mm coroplast from them for $54

The insulation panels was to fragile

• 3 weeks later...

Here is my 4' by 8' Flag made of Pegg Board and Fairy LED Lights not ran by LOr "YET" running thru Relays

I like it,

you did a great job with the relays. you will be a natural with LOR. your only problem is going to be when your standing in front of your house looking at your hard work and the......hmmmmmmm maybe I should add this??? or my favorite "you know what song would look good...."

I built a 5ft x 10ft flag I wanted a 8' x 12' but that was to hard for me to handle and make portable so I settled for a 5' x 10' and it's currently in the house, needless to say the wife loves it :P after I do a sequence I need to see it in live mode, not the visualizer

• 2 months later...

Here is my LOR Controlled 4th of July Display Final Version for 2012 and yes since Febuary all i have been doing is sequencing , I am now Sequencing and designing for Halloween

of 1 2 3 4 M.A.R.I.N.E. Corp.