Light-O-Rama Forums

New Year's Sequences

Guest guest

Is anyone doing special sequences for New Years show? I just posted a 40 channel version of Auld Lang Syne on LORsequences.com if anyone is interested. Thanks everyone for all of the help given to us to make an uneventful (except for the blown power line transformer) season.

We are doing the Gary Hoey version of Auld Lang Syne. I have dubbed a NASA countdown on to the front of it, and am launching some fireworks at strategic times. Not publicizing it much, as it is just for my street as a thank-you for putting up with the traffic. I dropped a card in each of their mailboxes telling them to come up about 0:15 before midnight, and will probably serve hot chocolate. I am curious as to how many will show up.

Dave

New Years Eve next year (Lessons learned from a play-only-once sequence with remotely coordinated fireworks):

1. Check and double check the sequence on the machine where you intend to play it. (We build sequences on another machine, then copy them over. I copied the wrong .WAV file, so the sequence could not find its audio file and didn't play on schedule - New Years came to our neighborhood 5 minutes late. We ended up playing the sequence via the sequence editor once I fixed the audio file.)
  2. Coordinated fireworks should be launched from the ground and not an elevated stand (one of our cake boxes flipped off the stand before it shot the last round. Fortunately it landed face-down with only one shot, and fired into the ground - inadvertantly made for an exciting ground display).
  3. Rehearse the launch timing of each fireworks salvo using empy fuses - Estimating the firing time by fuse length is not a pure science.

Overall things went well once the show started. The timing of the rockets distracted a little from the sequence, but everyone present cheered at the end.

Happy New Year everyone! :D

Turned my mini trees into a big countdown clock, my Merry Christmas sign into a second hand and ran the strobes and twinkled the yard lights for the first three minutes of new years... It was kinda nice...

Mr. Griswold wrote:

Is anyone doing special sequences for New Years show? I just posted a 40 channel version of Auld Lang Syne on LORsequences.com if anyone is interested. Thanks everyone for all of the help given to us to make an uneventful (except for the blown power line transformer) season.

What version of the song did you use? Which artist? Their are so many.

Thanks

John

johnm160 wrote:

Mr. Griswold wrote:

What version of the song did you use? Which artist? Their are so many.

Thanks

John

I got it off of Napster and the artist was listed as Holiday Favorite Series. Not sure exactly who sings it.