Light-O-Rama Forums

Lights on LOR controller

Guest guest

Planning on trying a display next year and am wondering if I could get a rough estimate on how many lights you can use on each unit. If I get a LOR 16, 30 amp unit about how many strings of 2.5v 100 string of mini lights can I use? Does it matter how many are on each leg or is there a max per leg and max on total LOR. I have a lot of thoughts on what I would like to do but would like some clue as to what I will be able to work with.

thanks

Duane

Muskegon MI

Rough estimate is .34 Amps per string so around 28 strings. That is assuming you have them all come on at one time. If you don't have them all come on at one time then you can add as many strings as you want as long as you don't max out the channels (8Amps max per channel.. 30Amps max per 16 channel card.. 8 channel cards are 15Amps max)

overeazy wrote:

Planning on trying a display next year and am wondering if I could get a rough estimate on how many lights you can use on each unit. If I get a LOR 16, 30 amp unit about how many strings of 2.5v 100 string of mini lights can I use?
About 88 - 100 mini light strings per 30 amp controller. Avg 5.5 per channel but not to exceed 23 - 100 light strings per channel
Does it matter how many are on each leg or is there a max per leg and max on total LOR. I have a lot of thoughts on what I would like to do but would like some clue as to what I will be able to work with.

thanks

Duane

Muskegon MI

Thanks for the information, I think I will be able to get all the lights I need on each circuit then and will let me start making some early sketches. Just hope the anticipation of giving this thing a go doesn't consume me. Can hardly wait for next Christmas already and my mind keeps swirling with ideas and songs.

thanks again

Duane