Light-O-Rama Forums

Post your best Light O Rama experience

Guest guest

This being my first year putting on a show, I had several good experiences....

1) Outstanding support from my neighbors. The handicapped boy across the street was able to view them from his room every night. His mother told me it was his best Christmas yet.

2) My lights were viewed by Jeremy Camp, a contempory Christian musician, who is from this area.

3) The local travel agency, and Council on Aging brought out 80 Senior Citizens in three busses.

4) A woman who is legally blind was brought out to see the show.

5) Tallking with people who had been out to see the display three and four times, and each time brought someone new with them.

6) Perhaps my best experience was being able to collect enough donations to provide Christmas and/or basic necessities to five families in need.

Chris

We had a very good Christmas. Thanks for asking. I hope you and your family had a fantastic holiday as well!

The rain was the downfall... Lights didn't come on for Christmas Eve or Christmas Night. Had some people knocking on the door asking 'what's up with the lights, man?'...

Yeah, we didn't have the crowd this year. Had about 4-5 cars per night. But, we also didn't have any media coverage...

Next year, right?

My best story? It has to be the Saturday the 23rd. I had my daughter hand out small candy canes to the cars stopping to watch the show. She had three of her friends over and they were all helping. I even had a fire going in the driveway to stay warm.

I can't imagine the faces on the people in the car when 4 teenage girls come running to their car to give them a candy cane. We went through 168 candy canes (all I had) and handed out the leftover Snicker bars from Halloween after that.

But the best part of the night was when this limo was driving by, stopped, and all these girls in fancy dresess came out to look at the lights and take a picture in front of my house. I have to say I didn't see that coming!

Jeff

Hint, hint...... :laughing:

Robin wrote:

My best LOR memory was about a year ago when people actually talked about LOR problems and how to solve them and how to achieve certain effects using LOR.:}

mine is when my wife called me at work to tell me there were 2 police cars sitting in front of my house, she was worried that they were going to tell us to shut the show off. after sitting in front of my house for 20 minutes, my wife went out with some hot chocolet and wished them a merry christmas, they loved the show

lol, we also had 2 police cars sitting at the end of the street. Couldn't tell if they were ther to watch or due to complaints of traffic or whatever. About 20 min. later they were gone. I was worried at first but figured there was not a lot they could do anyway. No laws being broken.

Here's my story straight from "It's a Wonderful Life". As a newbie I started running all my power in Feb. In June, I was diagnosed with spinal cord damage, and my ability to get around was severely handicapped. I couldn't hang lights or climb any ladders. My family helped, but when the guys from my office found out I needed help, about a dozen people came over and built my mega tree, and hung all the lights for me. I felt like Jimmy Stewart in the movie. These people came over while working 6 and 7 day weeks trying to launch the Space Shuttle, many on off shifts to boot. The outpouring of folks to help me realize my LOR dream touched me very deeply. Between these people and all the help I got from all of you here, my first LOR experience was an incredible success! Hordes of spectators applauded and cheered. I sure stood tall in the neighborhood, but I explained to everyone it was because I stood on many people's shoulders. Thanks to all for the PERFECT first-time LOR experience. Kudos to Dan and the folks at LOR for great products. I plugged everything in and it worked perfectly the first time! Next year MORE, MORE, MORE!

Wishing everyone a great Holidays

Jerry Goodson