Light-O-Rama Forums

Easter

eurbani

Hello All,

I'm new to LOR and already have 5 controllers. I plan to buy 5 more before Christmas.

Playing with them on the computer/family room floor isn't at all satisfying. So, I'm doing a 32 channel Easter Display.

I'm turning my retired white incan lights into Easter lights. they will look like this.

422362_3477831109078_1717039081_n.jpg

I will have 8 sets of the purple and 8 sets of yellow on my bushes. I will have 9 sets of multi-colored on a tree.

I also have a bunny blow-up (yes, I know to seperate the motor/lights for LOR). Behind the bunny, I am putting 6 sets of net lights laying flat on the ground (for the bunny trail).

I'm 90% done sequencing to Here Comes Peter Cotton Tail (Gene Autry version). I hope to have it up the last week of March and turn off on dyngus day (google it).

Is anyone else planning anything?

No plans here. I can't find time to work on Christmas sequencing. I'm getting nervous and it's only March.

I don't have the time either, but I have to say I do like the egg/light idea, that's really good.

shakeonit wrote:

I don't have the time either, but I have to say I do like the egg/light idea, that's really good.

Time! I'm pretty sure that the egg lights will look great, but they take a lot of time. I planned to nest (stack up) 4-6 open eggs and drill through them.

That doesn't work. The second egg and below split rather than have a nice hole. So, it is one egg at a time and even with that, I have to go slowly or the eggs split.

Where are all those good solid cast-iron eggs of my youth? :)

Here are 16 sets of lights. 8 are purple/pink/lavender and 8 are yellow/orange. A set of each will be on each bush. So that I can chase in either or both colors. 16, what a convenient number!

428738_3585210753502_1370265148_3592713_230789289_n.jpg

eurbani wrote:

shakeonit wrote:

Time! I'm pretty sure that the egg lights will look great, but they take a lot of time. I planned to nest (stack up) 4-6 open eggs and drill through them.

That doesn't work. The second egg and below split rather than have a nice hole. So, it is one egg at a time and even with that, I have to go slowly or the eggs split.

Where are all those good solid cast-iron eggs of my youth? :)

Here are 16 sets of lights. 8 are purple/pink/lavender and 8 are yellow/orange. A set of each will be on each bush. So that I can chase in either or both colors. 16, what a convenient number!

428738_3585210753502_1370265148_3592713_230789289_n.jpg

I would like to see these at night, should look pretty cool.

GoofyGuy wrote:

I will put up a video once I have the whole display up. I still have to drill 400 more lights to complete the last 9 sets that I need.

GoofyGuy wrote:

I will put up a video once I have the whole display up. I still have to drill 400 more lights to complete the last 9 sets that I need.

1250 Easter Egg lights done. Inflatable bunny lights split out. I'm waiting until about the 25th to set up.

• 2 weeks later...

Well done we dont get to see to many Easter displays
I sure hope you have more lights for Christmas so you can leave all the eggs on the one you modified, nice work

Dale J wrote:

Well done we dont get to see to many Easter displays
I sure hope you have more lights for Christmas so you can leave all the eggs on the one you modified, nice work

Those are my white incans that haven't been used since 2008. Easter Egg lights they shall remain.

Thank you everyone for the nice comments.

543494_3674027053854_1370265148_3634339_1792835909_n.jpg

This is how they look during the day. There is a purple set and a yellow set on each bush (hard to tell in the video).