Light-O-Rama Forums

when does your 4th of July show go live?

dito

I have never done a 4th of July show before. I was wondering when/what date , weekend, etc. do you start your show. I think one month is way too much, but I dont want to do sequencing for just one night either. I'm thinking 2 weekend before or just the weekend before (june 30 this year) through the 4th. your experiences please...

Ideally I would like Memorial Day weekend as the start-up and have it run Weekends only until June 23rd then 7 days a week until July 8th 2012

My logic for the early start is because in winter the Halloween show starts at 7pm, The Christmas Show starts at 5pm, and July 4th starts at 9:00 or 9:30pm, and the music for July 4 is only 15 minutes, runs for 2 hours weekends only.

Of course I might just do Memorial Day Weekend, then totally off until June 23rd.

I run ours from the middle of June througn the Saturday after the 4th. This year I plan on June 16 through July 7.

Last year I ran mine a couple weeks before the 4th.

This year, I am going to start on Memorial day weekend, and run it through the weekend of the 4th.

Being more north, we have to start about 8:30, 9 by the time the 4th runs around.

for Xmas, i had 30 minute show loops. was wondering:
how long are your shows?
do you play regular musical sequences besides patriotic stuff?

dito wrote:

for Xmas, i had 30 minute show loops. was wondering:
how long are your shows?
do you play regular musical sequences besides patriotic stuff?

I did 3 Patriotic songs all up tempo, and 1 medium tempo song , and I did (still sequencing) a few American styled rock songs for flavor, my 4th of July show will be 15 minutes and just loop for a few hours.

My wife loves the 8ft x 12ft Flag I have taking up a whole wall on our first floor. with the 4 LOR controllers connected to it.

Salute :)

My Christmas Show is 2 hours, different themes for different nights.

I have not done my 4th of July show for the last two years due to life interfering with things. This year I am wanting to do a patriotic show for memorial day and then run it weekends to the 4th. Our statehood day is July 24 so I will run the show until the end of July.