Light-O-Rama Forums

Erratic Light Synchronizatio

Guest guest

I've had my show up and running for about 5 nights now. Everything has looked great and running smoothly. I have 32 channels, a wireless transmitter, an FM transmitter, and four outside speakers. My controller boxes are metal and under a covered porch. We've had some rain last night and some more today, not a lot at once but a slight drizzle, off and on. Although I had TSO's Saravejo and Wizards, that others had contributed, I decided to try Dan's free downloads. We went to relatives and got back late Christmas night. The shows were behaving erratically ! I cancelled the show and put back the old show that had worked just fine the previous nights. It wasn't working right either. Some sequences had blank areas, some that didn't play at all. Sometimes some came on not in time with the music at all. Sometimes some lights came on but not others I know should have come on. Some song areas played fine for a couple of beats but then... Some lights looked late coming on. Basically it looked unsynchronized with many of the sequence areas with no lights coming on. I played several sequences to check the lights and all channels seem to come on at one time or another, so it didn't appear to be a physical problem of a light channel not being able to come on. Anyone have this problem? Any solutions? Thanks, Texian

Texian wrote:

I've had my show up and running for about 5 nights now. Everything has looked great and running smoothly. I have 32 channels, a wireless transmitter, an FM transmitter, and four outside speakers. My controller boxes are metal and under a covered porch. We've had some rain last night and some more today, not a lot at once but a slight drizzle, off and on. Although I had TSO's Saravejo and Wizards, that others had contributed, I decided to try Dan's free downloads. We went to relatives and got back late Christmas night. The shows were behaving erratically ! I cancelled the show and put back the old show that had worked just fine the previous nights. It wasn't working right either. Some sequences had blank areas, some that didn't play at all. Sometimes some came on not in time with the music at all. Sometimes some lights came on but not others I know should have come on. Some song areas played fine for a couple of beats but then... Some lights looked late coming on. Basically it looked unsynchronized with many of the sequence areas with no lights coming on. I played several sequences to check the lights and all channels seem to come on at one time or another, so it didn't appear to be a physical problem of a light channel not being able to come on. Anyone have this problem? Any solutions? Thanks, Texian

Hi,

If everything was fine then started working erratically then I would suggest that you reset the controllers. Something that happed recently may have cased an issue withe them.

To reset them:

1.Power off, set unit id switches to 00, power on for 5 seconds.

2.Power off, set unit id switches back to original values.

See if that helps at all.

Thanks
Dan
Light O Rama, Inc.

:] Yippeee ! I tried the two new songs after resetting the id numbers and they looked like they are working fine. I can tell better when my regular show comes on in a few minutes. Is there any rhime or reason for this occurrence or is it like my computer when I reboot and all is well and who knows why? Thanks, Dan

Texian

Texian wrote:

:] Yippeee ! I tried the two new songs after resetting the id numbers and they looked like they are working fine. I can tell better when my regular show comes on in a few minutes. Is there any rhime or reason for this occurrence or is it like my computer when I reboot and all is well and who knows why? Thanks, Dan

Texian

I am not sure why that happens BUT we are adding a hardened protection layer to the controller's firmware for LORII... This layer should prevent this from happening. We do have protection in there today that rejects noise but it appears that random commands still "leak" into the controller. The commands can be caused by noisy electrical signals on the communications link.