Light-O-Rama Forums

This beats sequencing

Guest Don Gillespie

jimswinder wrote:

Pretty cool Don!!!!

How come you didn't have some LED's ready to attach to them?? :P

Thats exactly what we need, a whale with a Mega Tree attached to it. Make it happen and sequence it to the voyage of the MiMi theme song.

Very cool. You have to see it up close to appreciate how massive those creatures are.

In US/Canadian waters, the whales have a buffer zone that the whale-watching boats are not allowed to enter. Violations are apparently extremely costly. You still see plenty, but still a far cry from having them come right up to the boat.

Wow, that would nerve me out! But very very cool. I remember when I went whale watching this past year and we blessed with about 80 whales that were popping up here and there!

Not as cool as you being able to touch them like that though!!!

Hi Don;

I agree, these encounters are something you never forget.
I am a PADI divemaster, i have made over 1000 dives around the world. Some of my highlights

an otter climbed up on me when i was teaching a class in Monterey, Calif.

Rescuing 6 sea lions that had plastic around their neck. Ever try tackling a 400lb bull?

Being under water in Hawaii and hearing the song of the humpback whales echoing through your body.

hanging weightless over a 2000 foot wall in Cozumel.

Diving in a shark cage in Santa Catalina, Calif. after 30 minutes, i got out of the cage and got to touch the blue sharks and video them.

My twin 10yo's will start diving this year. I look forward with sharing the underwater world with them.

You got some Awesome video, wish i had been there too

thanks

I used to be a DiveMaster also here in Wisconsin. For me, it wasn't worth maintaining the status. The lighting hobby took over the scuba diving. Most of my diving was around here, but did get to the Keys a few times. I had a friend who had a nice boat and we could do any kind of diving we wanted. Catching lobster and spearfishing and grilling the days catch was awesome.

Sean, ever do any ice diving? It's a rush looking up at the ice.

One of my dream vacations is to spend a month in Alaska for whale watching and diving, don't know if that will ever happen though.

Sean, be careful you don't set yourself and your kids for a dissappointment. My kids tried to get certified young and had problems with ears during the openwater training and took a few years for my daughter to try again. My son decided it wasn't for him.

scubado wrote:

I used to be a DiveMaster also here in Wisconsin. For me, it wasn't worth maintaining the status. The lighting hobby took over the scuba diving. Most of my diving was around here, but did get to the Keys a few times. I had a friend who had a nice boat and we could do any kind of diving we wanted. Catching lobster and spearfishing and grilling the days catch was awesome.

Sean, ever do any ice diving? It's a rush looking up at the ice.

One of my dream vacations is to spend a month in Alaska for whale watching and diving, don't know if that will ever happen though.

Never did ice diving, it is on my wish list. I also haev not yet dived with a whale shark.

scubado wrote:

Sean, be careful you don't set yourself and your kids for a dissappointment. My kids tried to get certified young and had problems with ears during the openwater training and took a few years for my daughter to try again. My son decided it wasn't for him.

I am being careful. we will see this year. They both are on the swim team , which has given them confidence in the water.

If they dont do it this year, it may be the next.

thanks