Light-O-Rama Forums

Last Minute Newbie Help - Fill in animation vs Presentation Sequence

Guest guest

I want to run two shows one lasts 2:30.44 and the other lasts 3:00.67.

I want to play them every half hour starting at 5pm and running until 9 pm

Before the shows, in between the shows and after the shows I want to have the lights on steady until about 2am.

Do I really have to make a 5 hour animation of the lights on to play after the last show?

I don't undersatand the "End at" time in the Show Scheduler. Do I have to time all the presentations to the second?

Thanks for your last minute help

JimB wrote:

I want to run two shows one lasts 2:30.44 and the other lasts 3:00.67.

I want to play them every half hour starting at 5pm and running until 9 pm

Before the shows, in between the shows and after the shows I want to have the lights on steady until about 2am.

Do I really have to make a 5 hour animation of the lights on to play after the last show?

I don't undersatand the "End at" time in the Show Scheduler. Do I have to time all the presentations to the second?

Thanks for your last minute help

Hello Jim,

No, it doesn't have to be a 5 hour sequence. Make it a 5 minute sequence and if it's schedule for 5 hours, it will repeat itself. But you need to create a seperate show for it and add it to the schedule. I have one labeled "Lights On". So I have this scheduled before the show to make my checks of lights, controllers and such. Then I have my show scheduled to start at 5:30 to 10:30. The my "Lights On" show starts at 10:30:01 to midnight.

In regards to the Show Editor, I read that putting it in the background show, it won't blink every 5 minutes but I have mine in the musical show which has a very brief blink to it (no big deal really). I'll try put it in the background show after the season to see how it does.

Hope that helps,

Tom

JimB wrote:

Thanks Tom

How do I put the lights on in between the 5 minute show every half hour?

Jim

Jim,

Once you have a show for animation lights created and a show for static lights created. Schedule them as you would want them to be.

For example: animation show - 5:00 to 5:05; static show - 5:05:01 to 5:29:59; animation show - 5:30 to 5:35, static show - 5:35:01 to 5:59:59; and so on.

Hope I answered your question,

Tom