Light-O-Rama Forums

Music and lights not in sync

Guest guest

OK I was having problems with a low audio level on one sequence, so I bought the CD (the original track was ripped from the net) and edited the musical track which solved the volume problem. Now though, the music and lights are not in sequence during my show. I am using two sequences, one of which has the new musical track. I tried restarting and closing all other applications, but that did not help. Any ideas?

Once you re-encoded the MP3 it used a different encoding. This can be fixed in the Sequence Editor.

Open the file and click the play button. Watch to see how far off the timeing is. You can adjust the time of the first event (make is larger or smaller) to shift time... Right click in that column and use re-size event.

If you need to reduce time and the first event is not large enouth then reduce the next few as needed to get things down to the correct starting point.

Hopefully the encoding did not shift time throughtout the sequence. That seems to be uncommon... What is common is a shift at the beginning. Windows Media Player will add some time to the start of play?

So are you saying that at the beginning of the song it is off by a 2/10s of a second but as you go further into the song it gets off by more? The reason I ask is that the Show Player and the Sequence Editor use the same timing information from Windows Media Player to keep in sync.

Is the Show on a seperate machine? If so are both machines using the same version of Windows Media Player?

Also you can try to re-encode the song again with Audacity (instructions on our Support page)... That may help

It really seemed like a memory problem on my PC because I was sequencing prior to the show and the image playback was skipping very badly then also. I am using the same PC for all functions. Would re-encoding one sequence cause the other sequence to go off time as well?