Light-O-Rama Forums

Blown Fuse

Guest guest

OK, so I have my lights come on for a few hours in the morning as well... and while sitting here working I noticed them turn off out the window. I've checked things out and the fuse on the right side of my 16D is blown. It has been raining outside, is this likely the cause? Just wondering what I should check out before I put another fuse in to just have it blow again. Everything has been running fine until today, and it did rain a lot yesterday... so I'm assuming this is the problem. The controller is perfectly dry inside the garage though.

Thanks for the help,
Eric

OK, an update... scratch the rain. I just had too much running thru that side I guess and it finally decided to blow. I had assumed that the fuses the box came with were 20a since that's what it says it's rated at but they were 15amp. I put a meter across that slot and was drawing 16.05amps... so there's the problem. I put some 20amp fuses in and it should be good to go.

-Eric

Just want to make sure your cords are rated at 20amp.

You sound as if you know what you are doing, so you might have already considered this. If not, pelase make sure your cords are rated for the amperage you are going to pull.

OK, this is off the subject of fuses now... but I just checked out some of the videos in your signature Don and had a question:

Can you tell me more about your grid layout on your lawn? How many channels are you using and how exactly are they configured? Are you using separate channels for the vertical/horizontal stripes?

I think it really looks awesome in your videos and would like to possibly try something like that next year.

Great job on the house... it looks fabulous!

-Eric

Grid uses 4 channels per direction/side. (4 up/down, 4 side/side.)

Simply have it wired 1/2/3/4/1/2/3/4. etc in each direction. Spacing is 18" simply because it works very well for my yard, size wise. 24" would work as well. 12" would probably be to small.