Light-O-Rama Forums

Ready to Buy- have nothing, need everything

mgrant8163

If you are reading this, hopefully you have some items to SELL.:P

I've been looking at LOR since October and have been planning in my head on what I want to do but I have not purchased much other than a few LEDs from Walmart after Christmas (they were pretty picked over by then).

This year I'd like to do a Halloween show and a Christmas show and I need basically everything.....Controllers, Software, Cat5 cable, extension cords, props, lights (LEDs please), transmitter, sound system (?), etc. I probably even need stuff that I don't even know about at this point.

Please let me know what you have and how much you want for it and LET'S TALK! Package deals welcome.

I live in the Sacramento, California area but I am also in the Bay Area working during the week so we can figure on freight/postage or pick up.

Thanks,

Mike

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mgrant8163

• dgrant

• jimswinder

• TJ Hvasta

I signed up but someone noted that they didn't expect much in the way of sales this year since LOR basically sold out and they are waiting for more inventory. Is that true?

I also need stuff that's non-LOL/MG

mgrant8163 wrote:

I signed up but someone noted that they didn't expect much in the way of sales this year since LOR basically sold out and they are waiting for more inventory. Is that true?

That MIGHT be true for their annual Inventory Reduction sale...but I can't imagine they would ask people to sign up for sale notifications if they still weren't going to have some sort of sale...

Garage sales are great for cheap show computers. Also good for speakers and tuner/amp. If your location can accomadate loud speakers, get large speakers and a good amp to drive them, you need a lot of punch for thunder for Halloween and hopefully won't blow the amp or the speakers. A pawn shop is also a good place to get speakers and such. Some people use cheap computer speakers too. If you need a transmitter, EDM is highly recommended here. You don't want to go cheap on a transmitter. If you're not picky about sound, your guests will be and may not return.

Welcome aboard!

Ray (ny_yankee) is a good person to deal with. Just so everyone knows. I purchased his mega tree gear. All went smooth! Thanks Ray for being helpful.
Now back to my mad scientist thoughts..

Guest Don Gillespie

No sense buying used buy new then you have warranty, with used equipment its buyer beware, unless you know the person you are buying from, there has been and will continue to be bad sellers out there, I buy all new either from LOR when it comes to controllers and things, for lights I trust 3 of the vendors that belong to LOR, unless you are a lawyer and can take legal action against the bad sellers I would stay clear of them. just my 2 cents

Don Gillespie wrote:

No sense buying used buy new then you have warranty, with used equipment its buyer beware, unless you know the person you are buying from, there has been and will continue to be bad sellers out there, I buy all new either from LOR when it comes to controllers and things, for lights I trust 3 of the vendors that belong to LOR, unless you are a lawyer and can take legal action against the bad sellers I would stay clear of them. just my 2 cents

You're probably right on the electronic stuff. I'm a numbers guy and not super handy wtih tools or electronics. Besides, I have to see how it works first before I can try to fix it, being a Newbie and all. So I'm sure that I'll buy new controllers, software, etc. However, props and lights, supplies, that I can plug in to see if they work should be OK (I think)

for Cat 5 cable...give monoprice.com a look, good product, excellent pricing..also, zip ties from there are decent quality and some of the least expensive I found, bought 6000 from them last year.

Guest wbottomley

mgrant8163 wrote:

If you are reading this, hopefully you have some items to SELL.:)

I've been looking at LOR since October and have been planning in my head on what I want to do but I have not purchased much other than a few LEDs from Walmart after Christmas (they were pretty picked over by then).

This year I'd like to do a Halloween show and a Christmas show and I need basically everything.....Controllers, Software, Cat5 cable, extension cords, props, lights (LEDs please), transmitter, sound system (?), etc. I probably even need stuff that I don't even know about at this point.

Please let me know what you have and how much you want for it and LET'S TALK! Package deals welcome.

I live in the Sacramento, California area but I am also in the Bay Area working during the week so we can figure on freight/postage or pick up.

Thanks,

Mike

I'd sell you my entire display. But... it would depend how big that bonus check is.

mgrant8163 wrote:

Ive seen your display and I think my $500 bonus check should cover it. (sorry, couldnt resist the invitation to mess with you). PM meand well talk.

$500.00 for William's display and now you want to talk to him??? Good Luck.

Only kidding, he is really a nice guy, sometimes.

jimswinder wrote:

mgrant8163 wrote:

That MIGHT be true for their annual Inventory Reduction sale...but I can't imagine they would ask people to sign up for sale notifications if they still weren't going to have some sort of sale...

We will have both sales this year. Because of production delays last year some things ordered then are just now coming in so we will have product for the inventory reduction sale and we will have our regular Summer Sale with no limits on quantities.

Dan