Best way to swap low level audio track

Guest guest

OK, my first musical sequence is going great, audio level is fine. I created my second sequence and the audio level is much lower. THe first sequences audio I ripped off of a CD, and that audio (volume) level is consistent with other songs I have ripped off of CD's. The sequence in question I found on the internet, I am assuming that is the problem. I have the song on CD now, I am just wondering what the easiest way is to fix the problem. Should (can) I swap the audio file on an existing sequence, or should I start a new file and cut and paste between two sequences? If anyone has had to do this before let me know the best way to handle it. Thanks.

If the CD which you own now, and the song you are currently using (has not been edited, I would just load sequence into the sequence editor, Edit audio file and save.

There is a program called "mp3gain" that i have seen referenced here. I haven't used it myself, but it has been suggested by several members.

• 1 year later...

I have used mp3 gain on my entire collection and it allows you to make all your .mp3 files have the same loudness ... and it only modifies the header, not the mp3 at all. You can even revert it back to the original, as the program writes the original values into the header so I can restore if needed. It works perfectly and is totally free.