Light-O-Rama Forums

Enttec Pro Female or Male

weitzeld

I have just received my Holiday Coro kit and I am trying to make it work. I have a Enttec Pro and wondering do I connect it to the male 5 pin or female. At this time I have it connected to the female side and it does not work.

The female is the output. (although both seem to work) Remember that you have to have the LOR Control Panel loaded to drive a DMX adapter from the Sequence editor or show player. Also make sure you've selected the adapter for Universe 1 in the DMX section of the Network settings.

dave

If your still having issues,

Exactly what did you get from Holiday Coro - they have lots of different stuff.

Do you have s3 with an advanced license ?

Are all your drivers loaded ?

I'll also throw out there a google for stage console.

Stage console is free, and a really good basic tool for testing dmx with Enttec.

Right now your problem cold be power, cabeling, software.... need to get more info and narrow it down.

Here is what I recevied from Holiday Coro. RGB Sample Pack, 3 channel 12vDC DMX controller for RGB, USB DMX Module PRogrammer, Waterproof power supply, 3 Rectangle RGB Waterproof Module-12v and 3 Square RGB Waterproof Module-12v

I have the S3advanced license with super star Demo

I Loaded the driver for Enttec Pro and it has the blinking green light and the com listener reads "The date and time, 4:DMX1, DMX USB Pro adapter opened" and the next line " Connection accepted (348)

I have power to the modules(they go thru their test of rotating colors)

Connecting the 5pin wires(USING CAT5)are connected as solid blue to pin 3 and blue stripe to pin 1, then connected to the DMX module. The striped blue to blue on the module and the solid blue to the red on the module (black not used on te module).

Also please tell me mor about the free Stage Console.

If you have an Enttec Pro, I believe you have 5 pin DMX on that unit. For 5 pin DMX - pin is 2 Data Minus, 3 Data Plus.
But you mention cat5 so that makes me think you have some type of adapter converting your cat5 to 5pin dmx. Do you ?
Holiday coro sells one. That adapter outputs dmx on cat5 pins 1 and 2 (thats the orange pair, not blue)

http://www.chromakinetics.com/DMX/StageConsole.html
StageConsole is just a bsic dmx board/ console / test utility. You can use stage console to test DMX devices without having to program anything in LOR. Its just liek the LOR hardware test utility. Faders and buttons for each dmx channel.

Anyway, confirm if your using some sort of dmx adapter to cat5, as Im not sure what pins we are tlaking about (XLR/DMX pings or Cat5 pins) but im guessing you got the holiday coro one, and you just need to change to the orange pair.

I downloaded Stage Console and was able to control the RGB's. I also change my data minus pin from pin 1 to pin 2.
I still am not able to control the RGB's from S3. Any body have the next thought? Thanks for the help.

I also have set up preferences in the DMX universe to 1/EN095325/Enttec DMX USB Pro and set the listening Port to 8837. Then hit OK.

Hang on - back up. If stage console works, dont change any more wiring. All your wiring is correct.

Stage console talks to the enttec via usb. LOR talks to the enttec via USB.

Whatever part is wrong at this point is going to be in the lor network setup OR the channel layout.

Post a screen shot of your LOR Network screen, and your channel layout.

We should be able to figure it out from there. If not send me a PM, could do a screen share and confirm the settings.

Again, IF stage console is working, all your wires are ok.
The LOR to DMX or LOR to cat5 are not a factor at this point - all that is between the LOR rs485 adapter (can be used instead of an Enttec) OR from the enttec to the little white adapter box. You dont need any more or different wires if stage console makes the lights come on. Its all about s3 config at this point.

weitzeld wrote:

Here is what I recevied from Holiday Coro. RGB Sample Pack, 3 channel 12vDC DMX controller for RGB, USB DMX Module PRogrammer, Waterproof power supply, 3 Rectangle RGB Waterproof Module-12v and 3 Square RGB Waterproof Module

Connecting the 5pin wires(USING CAT5)are connected as solid blue to pin 3 and blue stripe to pin 1, then connected to the DMX module. The striped blue to blue on the module and the solid blue to the red on the module (black not used on te module).

If you are using the USB Cable from your computer, that cam with your sample pac from Holiday coro, and going to the light blue & blue to the Module, you are going to have a problem. The cord from Holiday core use pins 1 & 2 and the LOR blue & blue/White is pins 4 & 5, so you are not even connected to anything.

When I got my ENTTEC Pro, I purchased two 5-Pin DMX shrouds on Ebay. They were both male.

On one, I went from pins 2 and 3 on the ENTTEC side to Pins 1 and 2 on a CAT5 cable. This lets me talk to a large group of DMX devices that use CAT5 jacks natively.

On the other, I went from pins 2 and 3 on the ENTTEC side to Pins 4 and 5 on a CAT5 cable. This lets me talk to my LOR boards.

(Note - I'm not looking at these adapters right now and therefore don't remember which Data+ and Data- lines I connected. When I made them, I tried it one way on the CAT5 end and if it didn't work, I swapped them. 50/50 chance)

• The topic was locked