Light-O-Rama Forums

Cutting the ccr

Ron Boyd

I've read a ton of these CCRs forums and perused other forums. I have 2 questions.
1. How do you cut them and how difficult is it to reconnect them successfully?
2. Can you cut the CCRs into 4 equal lengths and create 4mini arches?
I'm new to LOT and I'm wanting ti create some arches. With the cost of LEDs and controllers, I figure the CCs will be about half price and I'll have the flexibility of lots of color.
Thanks for any help.

I found cutting ribbons was pretty easy with a knife and a pair of snips. I also had no problems soldering wire jumpers between the cuts.

I did find the ribbons pretty fragile, as I lost a number of pixels that I had to cut out and replace. I tried to handle them with TLC and I was still losing random pixels. And handle them I did.........I pulled them out of the sleeve and colored them brown before making my windows frames. My cut up version is permanently mounted on frames, so I am not worried about further stress on the ribbons.

I made 2 arches out of 1 ribbon with out any cuts. I would give serious though to how you plan to store the cut sections with any new wiring attached. You don't want to stress these ribbons.

Steve

Thanks Steve. I think I'll just wait on the CCBs. After seeing a couple of pics of those, I think they will suit my needs better anyway.

Ron

• The topic was locked