Light-O-Rama Forums

Seasonal Entertainment PreSale #1 has begun!

Ponddude

Ponddude wrote:

Hi Orville,

Yes, we do not have every LED stringer color this year. This being our first year I could just not risk filling our warehouse with loads and loads of lights and than them not selling. We are starting out small and will work our way up. We have the "main" colors that have proven to be popular in the last and as the lights start to sell we will add more and more colors.

Greg

Thanks for the update on the colors. Unfortunately those are the colors I really need for my 2012 Halloween display. I gave away all my Orange incandescents last year along with a few other incandescent colors I had been using, so now I've got to replace those Orange and Purple incandescents with the same color LED strands or there wouldn't be a Halloween show this year. Looks like for this year MitS will be getting my money as they have all the colors I'm looking for and I prefer to get everything at one place whenever possible.

I do both Christmas and Halloween, so I was surprised not to at least see yellow, but I guess many folks don't like or use that color for some reason. I just happen to like yellow myself. LOL

Yellow just happened to be one of the colors I have planned for my 2012 Christmas display when I change over to the sealed strand types this year. And I'm not sure if the warm white will do what or look how I want, but I'll know once the sample set arrives and can see how they look.

I'll keep watching and see if you get enough folks wanting the Orange and Purple LED colors in the future to where you may be able to start carrying them.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ponddude

• pstigerfan

• rstately

• CKSedg

I am not going to say yes 100% yet. I have been in talks with a few different manufacturers but I have no signed contracts yet. If we do, they will be in the summer sale...I just will not guarantee it now.

Hey Greg, I'm having trouble with your store. I loaded a cart, then when I went to check out / sign in, it when to a blank page. Now when I try and go back to it , it's a blank page? I don't know if its on my end, but all other pages work...

Ron can you shoot me an email.... greg (at) seasonalentertainmentllc.com with your issue and I will forward it to our webmaster. I will see if he can reproduce the issue.

I purchased the rainbow flood from Greg last year (5 of them) They did a great job for me and were exactly what I needed. They are an easy build. The support from Greg was second to none. I can recommend him as a vendor to anyone who if thinking of ordering from him.
Terry

I just want to let everyone know that we were aware of the issue with the store and had been working on it for about 3 days. We finally fixed the issue. It was actually caused by shipping calculator and would only effect the LED Strands. So, that has been solved and all orders on the LED strands can start up again.

If anyone had issues with the store, please let me know ASAP so that I can make sure the issue has been fully resolved.

Happy buying! :D

happylighting25 wrote:

Hi everyone. I am new to these forums (just got my account activated) but have been reading a lot all day long. I am jumping in head first this year with my first animated display.

This year I plan on using the equipment from the folks over at DIYLIghtAnimation as well as the controllers from LOR. Through my readings I have found that I missed a bunch of presales (boy you folks start early!) so I want to get the light strands I plan on using this year from Seasonal Entertainment. I was actually given one of their Rainbow Flood Extremes as a Christmas gift and love it. I am a theater lighting nut and love DMX devices.

In any event, I sent an email to the folks at Seasonal Entertainment and they really answered a lot of my questions but pointed me in the direction of their light quality page, which is here:

https://www.seasonalentertainmentllc.com/ledquality.htm

My question is, I just don't know if that information means the lights are quality items. I can see that the lights are fully sealed, which I think is good thing, but what about the full wave rectifier. Is that a good thing? I read over the post on here about the samples that were sent out and it appears as though people like the lights. Like I said, I am new to lights and I want to make a good investment. What is everyones experience with Seasonal Entertainment and their product quality?

Look forward to working with all of you here and thanks for any information you may provide. Happy lighting!

David

SE as a whole is excellent to work with and their products are very good. This is their first year selling LED strings though, so it will be difficult to find much info beyond what you have already read here. Maybe somebody can send you a sample to inspect yourself though. I trust that Greg (ponddude) will stand behind his product as he has in the past.

Ohhhhh.........I missed the point where he stated it was their first year selling them.

So let me ask you folks this, do any of you plan on buying light strands from them?

I definitely would have considered doing so had I not already placed an order with HLE http://www.holiday-light-express.com   I have been very pleased with SE's stuff so I wouldn't hesitate with them, especially since the pre-sales for the other companies are all other (I think).   I also needed 70ct and 100ct strings (and SE's 100ct strings are more expensive than elsewhere, and they don't offer 70ct strings--suspect that will change next year though). 

HLE was new for me this year though others have been pleased with their products.

CDI is another tried and true company.  MITS is another big player in this market here. 

http://www.creativedisplays.com

http://www.magicinthesky.com

I put two orders in for lights, some floods, and a few other items today, and got an email that said everything (but the LED lights) would ship by the end of the day today.

This is the first year I'm using LED lights, and I bough a bunch of C6 lights for my Mega Tree this year. I've tried some "store-bought" strings in the past and they did not compare to the quality of the strings that Seasonal Entertainment is selling. I'm looking forward to receiving my 48 strings of LED lights.

Not to take away from the sale but today we got a bunch of the videos posted from our lighting contest. We also got all the videos from our contest winners posted. Be sure to take a look if you want to see our products in action in our customers displays. The contest winners did a great job as well and congratulations to all of the winners!!

https://www.seasonalentertainmentllc.com/videopage.html

Time is rapidly running out folks. Just one week left in our first PreSale of 2012! Get in on the lowest prices of the season!!

https://seasonalentertainmentllc.com/presale2012.html

Anyone with any questions feel free to email me or head over to our online chat.

Greg

Just give you folks a little idea of how incredible this sale was....

Today we started the day with 172 Rainbow Floods in stock. As of right now, all of those are completely sold! So, for people like Drew, who placed an order for the floods, you are going to receive an "Out of Stock" email. Because, well, they are truly out of stock! Have no fear, they will be shipping out in just about a week, as we are just waiting on the LEDs to arrive.

Thanks for making this the best sale in the history of Seasonal Entertainment!!

Oh, but there is still time left...just about 8 hours to go!

Just an update on this. All products that were ordered in the presale are either in production are enroute to us. As we have been receiving them, they have been shipping out.

The LED light strings were ordered today and will be here in 35 days. So I expect them to start shipping in the beginning of April, which is a full month ahead of schedule. Lets keep our fingers crossed that actually happens!

Greg