Light-O-Rama Forums

Sheesh....Even My Snowmen Eventually Fall Over!!!

jimswinder

jimswinder wrote:

shfr26 wrote:
And by the way, I am going to lay off of picking on poor ole Jim for awhile.

could you define "awhile"?

I want to know when I should come back to get a good laugh... :P

Jim, you fell for that line the last time...

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jimswinder

• shfr26

• Larry Leonhardt

• james campbell

Orville,

Several of the mixes are either E mix or SuperPave. Superpave came about due to heavy trucks. This has a larger flat rock in the mix and drain water well. The black that we see is Tack.. Just another name for Hot Tar.

Jeff

Guest wbottomley

Orville wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
People who move to Seattle (not born and raised like myself) are IDIOTS!!

Just the mention of snow and they become unable to function...let alone go out and drive in a few inches of the white stuff...  :P

Well I feel the same way about those that move to Florida!   The difference is, NO SNOW, but they have no clue how to drive in a rainstorm!  And they have no idea how to properly function or what to do in one of our gully washers.

Laws in Florida say: HEADLIGHTS ON and to SLOW DOWN!    Not drive WITHOUT headlights and as fast as you can then slide into the other vehicles obeying the laws, causing MULTI-CAR crashes!    And it happens all too often here.  Or they think because the other drivers are obeying the rules/laws to slow down, by tailgating they're going to make us move faster?   In all these scenarios, we have far too many IDIOTS here in Florida too.

Our roads are created with some kind of blacktop mix and when it becomes wet, it's almost like your ICY ROADS, not visible, and by the time you hit it, it's too late and you're in a slide that you may not be able to get out of before you hit another car, person, or building.

And the reason for the SLOW DOWN is because Florida roads FLOOD and they sometimes FLOOD to the point your car will be COMPLETELY SUBMERGED in some areas, your car WILL hydroplane and control of the vehilce when happening will be lost.  There is no way you're going to control a vehicle hydroplaning on top of water when hit at too high a speed. hence why FLORIDA DRIVERS that were BORN AND RAISED HERE WILL SLOW DOWN as the law says.  We know what and how our roads are designed and they aren't designed for 40-50mph speeds when it's raining (city/surface streets), despite what the speed limit sign states.   I've been telling them for years they (Florida) needs to adopt a new speed limit sign for our roads:

SPEED LIMIT

Dry: 45

Rain/Wet: 30

Not that most IDIOTS will pay attention to that, but at least that gives law enforcement more of a reason to pull these doofuses over!  Although they do pull folks over for and cite them for "driving too fast for conditions" and no headlights.  

No lights on and YOU CAN'T BE SEEN in these dark gloomy rainstorms of ours!  I got hit by one of those morons quite a few years back when I pulled out in front of them from a side street and got slammed into.   Who do you think got cited for the accident?   Well it wasn't me, since they DID NOT have their lights on they COULD NOT BE SEEN!   So it was their fault.   Oh, and by the way, Parking Lights don't count, and neither do DRL's (daytime running lights) because these DO NOT run with your taillights lit, so someone coming up behind you may not see you until it's too darn late!

But those drivers think their "nawthern driving" for their rainstorms is the same as ours, well it ain't!

So before people move to LIQUID SUNNY Florida as a permanent or even semi-permanent (winter) resident, they need to learn OUR WAYS/LAWS and adapt to them or stay the heck out of Florida!   We don't need more wreckless drivers than we already have here.

Sorry this may be long-winded, but this is one of the biggest pet peeves I have with folks coming to Florida and being IGNORANT of the laws, which here, IS NO EXCUSE!

How do you really feel? ;)

BTW... can you write a book on this? I would be interested in your thoughts.

T110431 wrote:

Jim did they fall over yet or did I miss something :)
they started falling over shortly after I built them...they WERE standing up straight!!!!

wbottomley wrote:

How do you really feel? :)

You mean one besides that one?:)

shfr26 wrote:

wbottomley wrote:

How do you really feel? :)

You mean one besides that one?:)

It would be a sequel, yes. "Black Ice in Florida, Vol. 2"....:)

jimswinder wrote:

shfr26 wrote:
And by the way, I am going to lay off of picking on poor ole Jim for awhile.

could you define "awhile"?

I want to know when I should come back to get a good laugh... ;)

Just for you my friend.

Plans for next season. Unlike Jim's and his decorations.

1. Will stand up "all year" for my statements, not just a few days.

2. Will put a "dent" in my sequencing each day, not in my truck.

3.Will not "fall" for any the joking done by a weatherman.

4.Will not "fall over" laughing at the expense of others.

5.Will not be "boeing" overboard on things.

6.Will not try to the be the "postmaster" with the most posts.

7. After this post, will try to make my posts worth the space.

8.Not spend hours working on things just to have my ideas tumble in a heap.

Speaking of postmaster, Isn't the Postal service "falling apart" like your display?

There you are Jim, hope you enjoy. Maybe more to follow later.:)

shfr26 wrote:

jimswinder wrote:

???????

lol...must be that new "Self Editing" software Dan is using!! :P

I HAD typed "Not your best work"

Larry Leonhardt wrote:

Snow woman number 1, are those headlights turned on????:shock:

yep..they are on BRIGHT!!! :shock: