Light-O-Rama Forums

group buy?

evan.a

Jeff Millard wrote:

Wait! What? I'm buying Pixels? For who? For What? I'm confused. What are we talking about?!?

Jeff

ROFLMAO, it's a metaform about what we talked about with what we are doing in a buy on the other website( fbe).
knew you'ld be shock about the secret group sale you wanted to do with some special folks. That I got the e-mail from (him) and about the (you know what buys).

I got asked from (you know who) in the e-mail (about you know what), if I wanted in...? already made my order with (him) about that.

Look at my order after Tee's, to see my order.

I think Effjay is alkingtay in odecay. His essagemay was to alert ertaincay eoplepay to let emthay onay about a oupgray alesay that aymay ebay oowinnggonsay ithoutway anyone etting-gay upetsay. Apichcay?

Hey - I made it through a minute and a half before I started puking in my mouth a little bit. I wish the camera would spend more time on the female. And what's up with those monster caterpiller eyebrows? That's one scary dude...

George Simmons wrote:

I think Effjay is alkingtay in odecay. His essagemay was to alert ertaincay eoplepay to let emthay onay about a oupgray alesay that aymay ebay oowinnggonsay ithoutway anyone etting-gay upetsay. Apichcay?

George,
Thanks for sending your message in that super secret code. I'm sure no one outside if just a few of us figured it out! :):):D You once again made me laugh!

George Simmons wrote:

I gotta find my secret decoder ring:)

Jeff Spooner wrote:

Orville wrote:
T110431 wrote:
The price was to good to be true for me plus due to a recent incident that person was added to the ignore list

They weren't on my ignore list, I don't use it, but agree with the prices being too good to be true.

My current order with MitS is a little over $1,700 (a little over $1,800 with shipping) for what I wanted, that same order in the group buy would have been around $760.

Which WAS extremely tempting as I could have almost tripled my order, but as I got to thinking more on it, reading others comments here and the repurcussions of getting failed or inferior product over paying for quality and a warranty.

I stuck with the more expensive order with a reputale businesses that I know that what I purchase will be stood behind.

Maybe you Orville can come up with a bulk purchase. It seems like you are an expert in here. Just wondering do you work for LOR. From many posts it seams like you are.

No, I DO NOT work for LOR, never have. I just support a fantastic company with a fantastic product that lives up to its name. I just learned a long time ago CAVEAT EMPTOR as I have been burned via other avenues a few times that cost me money I was out of and nothing to show for that money and money long gone never to be seen again. So if I read others comments about something being too good to be true or have had issues with a person, well, I'm going to take heed and listen!

I also WILL NOT start any type of group buy of any kind here or anywhere else, I've been around this forum for about 2 years or so, unlike many here that have been here when LOR first got it's start. Nor would I even hint at my even starting a group buy for anything. If folks want good prices and reputable companies, I'll recommend those that others here have dealt with for years and their experience with those companies. I myself am taking their advice on buying SEALED LED STRANDS this year after learning the hard way from failed NON-SEALED ones this past 2011 season.

Nor do I claim to be an expert on anything, although sometimes folks tend to take me that way.:P

I just state MY OPINION(s) the same as any other here, whether or not it's good, bad or indifferent. Many times I have been roasted for my opinion because it wasn't on par with others or they misinterpretted what I stated and no matter what I tried to convey, it just wouldn't get back on the CORRECT track of what was implied or meant.

Yes, I CAN and USUALLY do get long winded, but that was from being a tech/assembly manual writer for 30 years, having to try and make it so simple that anyone without a brain could build the item on an assembly line, or the techs could understand how to test the item correctly.

And yes, I, as well as quite a few others here (I ain't mentioning any names, they know who they are...don't ask, I WILL NOT DIVULGE!). Anyway we can get quite opinionated over some things, but what others do with those opinions and information is solely up to them.

And yes, we have a good time here and make jokes and pull each others chain quite often, some fall for it, others get a good laugh out of it. But usually in the end we all keep on going until the next prankster comes along and someone else gets suckered in. And it rolls on.

And yes, sometimes it goes a bit too far and that's when the LORAdmin or Dan steps in and puts us all in a time out and reminds us what the forums are for and about.

That's the real gist of the what we all do here.

Sorry the reply is long winded, but this just needed to be stated!

Give me a couple of days guys - I'm still getting quotes from China. This ain't ordinary swamp land, you know...

George Simmons wrote:

Give me a couple of days guys - I'm still getting quotes from China.  This ain't ordinary swamp land, you know...

IT is lit up with led's and has Ventures music coming from the tree tops.
It's special.

SteveMaris wrote:

It's special.

Thanks Steve - I'm glad someone understands. The rest of those guys can get their swamp land and desert land somewhere else. I'm sure there's lots of people selling it.

SteveMaris wrote:

George Simmons wrote:
Give me a couple of days guys - I'm still getting quotes from China. This ain't ordinary swamp land, you know...

It's special.

Hey, that's not what I heard! :)

What I did hear was it is lit with quality sealed strand LED's, outdoor speakers in all the tree tops AND in all the shrubs, including UNDERWATER SPEAKERS, a nice RDS EDM Transmitter, large frequency signs for folks just driving through the swamp that are afraid to get out of their cars because of all the alligators and crocodiles in the swamp, but I also heard George went one better for the sale of his prime swampland and included seqeuncing all those LED's throughtout the swamp to EVERY PINK FLOYD song ever done!

But since I already have enough swampland AND black ice, although my swampland isn't as pretty or as elaborate as what George is selling, I'm gonna have to pass on this deal.;)

im a newbie to all this swamp land and tree top sequences. george could you share the sequence with me ,i want my first tree top show to be a HIT