Light-O-Rama Forums

group buy?

evan.a

Like others and myself, I find group buy from a newbie very risky. True members who's been here for years, who share their phone numbers with newbies to talk them thur their troubles. who share their video's and idea's on line, And not hiding behind a fake name.
older members who are truly helping newbies should be allowed to make and organize a group sale if he or she chooses.

Here's just an example.

Jeff Milliard has a deal to buy pixels. who wants in?

George Simmons can get edms at a group buy cheap. How many do you want?

These are just an example of us older members who has see ripoffs done to new people. I even sent money out to help a member because of a car crash, I was a newbie. but I've learned my mistake and it did cost me.
Very easy, look at their time on this forum. look at some of their post. buyer beware, not everything is truly real.

Jeff and George is not doing any group buy ... but you know who they are. and are members who can be trusted.

Just me 2 cents that I had to borrow.

CSE or Champ posted his same deal on DIY a few month ago. An admin at DIY saw a problem with him and his stratum at DIY over a month of joining, and in making a group buy.

I did send a copy of it to the lor admin to review with my concern of it. I did not comment on the thread, because I"M a bully...

Champs post is deleted and he is banned at DIY. LOR should learn from this and start recording ip addresses. to stop all the name calling of us older timers on the forum that spend all year long on this forum. YES all year long...Get to the bottom line of who is truly a newbie joining to learn. and not a member starting a new name, because he stole something from another member, and wants to be and play A victim.

That is the true problem.

Thanks Evan. I agree. I've seen these group buys and have avoided them if they were new members that I had no history with. Its good to get the word out to new members who could get taken by false claims of savings. Oh, and thanks again for the Snowman Medley sequence. It was a crowd favorite last year.:]

evan.a wrote:

CSE or Champ posted his same deal on DIY a few month ago. An admin at DIY saw a problem with him and his stratum at DIY over a month of joining, and in making a group buy.

I did send a copy of it to the lor admin to review with my concern of it. I did not comment on the thread, because I"M a bully...

Champs post is deleted and he is banned at DIY. LOR should learn from this and start recording ip addresses. to stop all the name calling of us older timers on the forum that spend all year long on this forum. YES all year long...Get to the bottom line of who is truly a newbie joining to learn. and not a member starting a new name, because he stole something from another member, and wants to be and play A victim.

That is the true problem.

CSE got banned from DIY for being shady? Say it isn't so.....LMAO!

He joined this forum and started on a rant about all the "Lazy old farts". Once the dust settled, he played nice for a week or two. Gained folks confidence and then advertises a LOR group buy. It stunk from the get go. What shocked me was all the folks that jumped on the bandwagon. I kept quiet and ignored him.

It's a good idea to try and keep an eye out, but you just never know who is going to rip you off. Just because they have 4 posts, or 4,000, doesn't mean they are honest. I got in on a group buy on DIY last year. The only reason that I did it, was because one of the more active people on here, posted it.

There's another shady character on here that shouldn't be. Won't mention a name, but when the persons name pops up, it's always something bad. It's a good bet that the person has multiple accounts here.

Thank you Evan for bringing this situation to light.

The price was to good to be true for me plus due to a recent incident that person was added to the ignore list

Just want to say thanks guys for bringing this out. I was seriously thinking about joining the group buy, but with a small order to test the waters.

Please take note:

As far as we know, there was nothing dishonest going on here as far as a group buy. I pulled the group buy thread because I realized that we did not have any rules/policies in place as far as group buys were concerned.

Please do not make comments about a person's character based on innuendo, rumors or your "feelings" about a person.

However if you see that someone is about to get into a transaction with a person that you have substantiated proof is dishonest you should warn that person.

T110431 wrote:

The price was to good to be true for me plus due to a recent incident that person was added to the ignore list

They weren't on my ignore list, I don't use it, but agree with the prices being too good to be true.

My current order with MitS is a little over $1,700 (a little over $1,800 with shipping) for what I wanted, that same order in the group buy would have been around $760.

Which WAS extremely tempting as I could have almost tripled my order, but as I got to thinking more on it, reading others comments here and the repurcussions of getting failed or inferior product over paying for quality and a warranty.

I stuck with the more expensive order with a reputale businesses that I know that what I purchase will be stood behind.

basically all I was saying is that if something is to good to be true it probabliy is
and even if it was a legit order chances are More than likely the leds quality/cusomter service will be bad

I was just wondering what the apologies where for! I don't see anything wrong in speaking up for what you believe in! That's all!

Donny

cusomter
customer
I have no idea how I was able to that
my fast typing occasionaly causes letters to swap once and a while but never by that many places :P

Guest Don Gillespie

Donny M. Carter wrote:

I was just wondering what the apologies where for! I don't see anything wrong in speaking up for what you believe in! That's all!

Donny

With out a doubt post of the year +100

And if the world would adopt this philosophy it would be a far better place