Light-O-Rama Forums

sync music

Guest guest

djlink wrote:

I am looking at getting a 16 or 32 channel controler the one that is done all ready. How hard and how long does it take to actully sync a song to the lights.

Hello djlink,

When you first start it can take you a long time because you will be learning. And then it depends on what song you pick and how detail you want to be with the song you picked. Generally speaking it can take 6 to 12 hours.

I did a sync a 3 minute song for a customer that had 600 channels and it took me at least 35 hours.

djlink wrote:

I am looking at getting a 16 or 32 channel controler the one that is done all ready. How hard and how long does it take to actully sync a song to the lights.

I've found that it takes ma about 3 hours per minute of music if the events occur every tenth of a second. If I shorten the events to a twentieth of a second it takes marginally longer. I also find that when I'm in the mood I can synch songs more quickly when I'm not. I guess it depends on a lot of factors. Another factor would be how many channels you're synching for. I synch for 64, BTW.

D.T.