Light-O-Rama Forums

E1.31 support

Donny M. Carter

Hoping LOR will chime in here! Will the support of E1.31 include software enhancements for pixels and rgb? Things like rgb blends and pre-loaded effects. There are many other effects and tools found in other software that I hope LOR includes in the release of E1.31 support. Thanks!

Donny

Send email to wishlist@lightorama.com But, I would be a fan of getting e1.31 out as early as possible, for testing, and further hardware orders, than risk getting it in october, which is basically too late for me.

-klb- wrote:

Send email to wishlist@lightorama.com But, I would be a fan of getting e1.31 out as early as possible, for testing, and further hardware orders, than risk getting it in october, which is basically too late for me.

I agree! I would hope that LOR has thought about the advancement of rgb products and planned accordingly. I assume and hope, that when they where rewriting S2 that they where already thinking about sequencing lots of pixels. I will sent a request and hope for a good response!

Donny

Donny M. Carter wrote:

Hoping LOR will chime in here! Will the support of E1.31 include software enhancements for pixels and rgb? Things like rgb blends and pre-loaded effects. There are many other effects and tools found in other software that I hope LOR includes in the release of E1.31 support. Thanks!

Donny
Check here, post 21 :D

cenote wrote:

Donny M. Carter wrote:

Donny
Check here, post 21 :D

Thanks! I saw where they said it would be released soon, I was curious about any added features for pixel sequencing!

I'm hopeful as well. I have also been around software development and around LOR long enough to know that it will be here when you see it in hand.

However, when you do see it, you can bet it will be a good product.

Im sure Im in the same boat as Donny, I would like to get the hardware and such worked out long before the season. So a late summer release would be in vain for the 2012 year. If I know its coming soon I can prepare soon.

It will be released in the first 1/2 of the year. As far as new features no promises but we do make enhancements every year.

Dan

I guess it wont hurt to programm for it, as even if the DMX over Ethernet doesnt come out Ill need the dongles regardless.

• 1 month later...

Yes an e1.31 output will allow people to explore all kinds of intelligent lighting while using the Light-O-Rama software without being locked down to traditional 512 dmx channel limits.

Hopefully along with the protocol support (which would be at high priority) we also get support for not only DMX-based intelligent lighting (added in 3.2.x - DMX based CCR strip) but also customised lengths, for example only half a CCR may be used on a fixture.